What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What's for Dinner at Your House?

We've been doing meatless Mondays since the new year so last night I did some taco cups with veggies and textured vegetable protein (I'm liking the Bob's Red Mill TVP for a meat substitute in a bunch of different dishes).
Decided to keep the meatless trend going tonight so I'm doing a Beyond Burger with some roasted green beans on the side. I really do like the way I feel after a Beyond/Impossible burger compared to a regular beef burger, or even a turkey burger. They're obviously not low fat by any means, but definitely leave me feeling less heavy and "cleaner" if that makes sense.

Looks good :)
You ever finish with torch ? Just curious what others do :)
I do a lot of sous vide seems my go to is a outside steel griddle insane hot or a torch (have 3 torches all a step up depending on what I am cooking)
love sous vide cooking though !
Don't have an outside option here so cast iron pan as hot as I dare and whack it in. Seconds each side otherwise it overcooks. The first time I tried it, I left it way too long and the pan was nowhere near hot enough, steaks utterly ruined.

Looks good :)
You ever finish with torch ? Just curious what others do :)
I do a lot of sous vide seems my go to is a outside steel griddle insane hot or a torch (have 3 torches all a step up depending on what I am cooking)
love sous vide cooking though !
I don’t have a torch. The BGE gets screaming hot if you run it wide open. Occasionally use cast iron pan.

Top Bottom