What's new

What's for dinner? 2011

Dragged out the gas grill in between storms.
Grilled some taters, asparagus and skirt steak that I marinated in soy sauce,molasses and steak rub.

Not bad for a Monday night.:wink2:

Beef stew, recipe right out of the Betty Crocker Cookbook. Made it up a few days ago in a cast iron pot. The extra stew is great treat tonight, what with all of ice outside. There's still more for other meals.

Tested out a pizza dough recipe from my brother. I topped it with 5 cheeses (mozzarella, provalone, romano, parmesan, and sharp chedder,) pepperoni, and fresh minced garlic.
I over-sauced it in a couple of places that were a tad doughy, but other than that it was quite a win :thumbup1:

Tonight I used the other half of the dough to make a ranch-chicken pizza. Using the same 5-cheese blend, I added shredded chicken, ranch dressing for sauce, diced roma tomato, diced garlic, and chopped sweet onion. I cooked it slightly longer (at ~600 degrees F :biggrin1:) so this one was cooked through and nicely crispy.

Tonight was a leftover bowl of the Zoupa Tuscana soup that I made on Saturday. I was surprised to find that it tastes a lot like Olive Garden's version, which I really like. Head on over to the Mess Hall and check out the recipe someone posted. It's in the potato soup recipe thread from a few days ago.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Dragged out the gas grill in between storms.
Grilled some taters, asparagus and skirt steak that I marinated in soy sauce,molasses and steak rub.

Not bad for a Monday night.:wink2:

You have asparagus already? From Chili?

I think my meals have been a bit pasta heavy for a little bit. . . I have to get some meat going. My butcher says he knows what a tri-tip is . . .maybe soy, brown sugar, rosemary, tyme, balsamic marinade . . . been about 14 degrees F here . . .worst comes to worst I can light the BBQ with a blow torch.

Made a couple of pizzas and a kale, green apple and candied walnut salad. Used Peter Reinhart's dough recipe, but used 2 cups whole wheat flour and 2.5 cups bread flour.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

O

oyecomova

Made a couple of pizzas and a kale, green apple and candied walnut salad. Used Peter Reinhart's dough recipe, but used 2 cups whole wheat flour and 2.5 cups bread flour.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That Kale Salad looks delish. Nice looking crust, too!

This is what I had yesterday:

Oven roasted asparagus in olive oil, salt and pepper. Along with stalked, sweet cherry tomatoes, a baguette with home made garlic butter and champignons. All oven roasted except for the cheese and cured ham I wrapped the asparagus with when they were out of the oven.

Awesome.

Rib Eye Steak with garlic mashed potatos and tossed salad.
Of course fried mushrooms for the steak too!:thumbup:

Last edited:
I had some blackened tilapia that I made in the oven for the first time, along with some potato wedges. Nothing too fancy, but I laid the tilapia out to thaw a few days ago, and didn't want it to go to waste.

Top Bottom