What's new

What's for dinner? 2011

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Well I didn't intend for this to be dinner but ... they were filling.

Pretzels anybody?
$Pretzels 001.JPG

I made some blood cake with lingonberries. Since it's christmas time I used reindeer blood instead of cows.

Pretty tasty :001_smile

Attachments

• $veripalttu.jpg
    $veripalttu.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 71
Vegetables and pork in coconut cream.

Attachments

• $juuresvuoka-build.jpg
    $juuresvuoka-build.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 60
  • $juuresvuoka-done.jpg
    $juuresvuoka-done.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 61
Very colorful. Please elaborate on what goes into that dish!

Thank you!

I sliced some vegetables:

1 giant carrot
2 onions
2 beets
~200g of smoked pork belly

Build the thing in layers. I springled some smoked seasalt and rosemary on every layer.

Finally I added:

a drop of olive oil
a lot of freshly ground black pepper
~1dl of coconut milk (1,5dl would probably been better)

Then, in goes the foil covered dish, to a pre-heated oven (200C). Cook for around 75 minutes or untill the vegetables have soften. Then I grated some gran padona cheese and cooked without the foil for another 10 minutes or so. Done! :001_smile

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Those are some great looking pretzels! Any chance you'd post the recipe? :drool:

It is basically a sweet pizza dough . . . check out all recipes dot com. A key issue is cleanup . . . on a bare pan they make a massive mess having been boiled in baking soda rich water. Best if you line your pans with a silicone mat or well greased foil. All you need are flour, yeast, sugar, coarse salt, baking soda, and water.

Mike

In my last entry for the 2011 thread: New Year's Eve Dinner at home- tuna and avocado with wasabi and soy, sauteed prawns with lime juice and coriander, steamed fish with ginger and shallots, red-cooked duck breast with rice and bok choy, caramelised pork with rice and bean sprouts followed by a dessert of a North African Orange Cake. It may sound like a strange combination, but one of our guests has a small dietary problem and doesn't combine protein with carbohydrate at the same meal- by leaving the rice off his plate and making a cake without flour for dessert everyone was kept happy.

Best wishes for 2012!

Top Bottom