What's new

What's everyone's next pen going to be?

Turmaline (2020 Al-Star) arrived from gouletpens and a Pacific (2017 Al-Star) is on the way from penheaven.co.uk.

proxy.php

My next one is going to be a Nakaya Decapod "cigar kuro-tamenori".
I'm an incredible fan of Nakaya fountain pens. Crazy expensive though, due to the Japanese laquering technique...
I try to see it as in investment in art, not in an everyday tool, that's the only way to get over the price.

proxy.php

I'm an incredible fan of Nakaya fountain pens. Crazy expensive though, due to the Japanese laquering technique...
I try to see it as in investment in art, not in an everyday tool, that's the only way to get over the price.

proxy.php
Very cool...I've always wanted one, bu have always talked myself out of it because of the price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have the dark blue Platinum Curidas on pre-order now, with a medium nib. I'll also be grabbing one of the Lamy Safari's in that new edition purple once they release in April. Coin toss as to which comes in first.

My next pens are already on order haha. A turquoise monteverde strata with a bunch of diamine inks and a turmaline lamy al star with turmaline ink. I'll snap pics when everything arrives. This pen hobby have been snowballing quickly lol.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Probably that big TWSBI demonstrator. Looks like enough ink for at least a month of Times crosswords.

I'm thinking a second twsbi ECO, this time in either orange or that beautiful "blossom red". But still considering what ink for it.

Lamy2000. Still not sure if I’m going for Fine or Medium.

Penpals - are these two nibs similar to the nibs for Al-Star?

That's a set only? Nice, but I'd probably only use the pen. Congrats!

I thought it was only available as a set as well, which keeps the price far too high: especially when, like you, I would only use the fountain pen. However, I found a seller willing to sell me the fountain pen by itself, which made the deal much more attractive. I've had my eye on that edition for a while, so it only took me about three seconds to get my wallet out...

proxy.php
This or the piccolo long is my dream pen. One day....

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Trying REALLY hard not to buy another Parker IM. I have two already, and I've been picking them up here in the UK for Lamy Safari money (or less). I really like them in use, and if they took standard international cartridges, they would tick all my boxes. I can tolerate Parker cartridges though, as I already have several pens that take them.

Four times in the last week, one has crept into an online shopping basket. Twice, I nearly completed checkout. However, with ten users already (plus other pen types), I know I'd just be buying it for the sake of it, and have managed to withhold.

I have just placed an order for some ink, refills, and notebooks though. Lots of 3 for 2 offers and 5 for 4 offers at Cult Pens to take advantage of at the moment, and I'm down to the last few pages of my current pocket notebook. I have a pile of Rhodia 7.5x12, and Clairefontaine Age Bag notepads coming, and a Midori landscape wirebound to try.

10 notepads, 5 Schmidt roller ball refills, and 5 x 30ml bottles of Diamine (got to hit that free delivery threshold) should hopefully scratch the itch for a while.

i have two pens that I would really like to buy:
Pelikan Souveran M1000-if and when someone in UK/Europe re-stocks it
Vintage Montblanc Coral Red, with a big nib
in the meantime anything that I like might come my way anyway, like the CS 76 I just bought 😊

I would like to own a Nakaya like a Small Sword/ Gin Itomaki or any Dragon, really any Nakaya would be amazing to own. In reality I would like a Platinum Curidas, it would be perfect for me at work where I would use it the most.

Top Bottom