What's new

What's everyone's next pen going to be?

Bumped into a site that still has the Sailor Pro Gear Slim Purple Cosmos in stock... ended up pulling the trigger on one with a medium nib.

I purchased a pilot 823, smoke colored, with fine nib. It should arrive in a few days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Happened upon an online store with the Lamy Safari still available in the Dark Lilac color that was a limited edition color in like 2016. They only had it in an extra fine nib, but I have other Safari nibs I can easily swap in. :D

I don't often seek new pens but I've got a couple on the list. Whether a gift (hints have been dropped to the lady :biggrin1:) or otherwise I foresee a TWSBI Eco, one of the new purple ones, and perhaps a LAMY Studio coming in to my possession in the next few months. I really like the look of the Studio in the limited Olive color and the TWSBI will scratch the itch for a demonstrator.

I don't often seek new pens but I've got a couple on the list. Whether a gift (hints have been dropped to the lady :biggrin1:) or otherwise I foresee a TWSBI Eco, one of the new purple ones, and perhaps a LAMY Studio coming in to my possession in the next few months. I really like the look of the Studio in the limited Olive color and the TWSBI will scratch the itch for a demonstrator.
I have that same TWSBI on my wishlist currently as well, once they are available. I get along well with the way TWSBI's write, I already have 3 different models in the collection.

I have that same TWSBI on my wishlist currently as well, once they are available. I get along well with the way TWSBI's write, I already have 3 different models in the collection.

Good to know, thanks! It will be my first TWSBI but it seems to be pretty well liked. Hard to go wrong at that price point. Can't resist the purple, because go K-State!

While I'm at it, mind if I ask your preferences for TWSBI nibs? My fountain pens are all Pilot, which I understand the Japanese nibs tend to be finer. With a wet ink the fine is okay, but I think I prefer the Pilot Medium. I figure a fine or medium with the Eco would suit well for a similar experience. But I'm also tempted to try something different like the stub.

Good to know, thanks! It will be my first TWSBI but it seems to be pretty well liked. Hard to go wrong at that price point. Can't resist the purple, because go K-State!

While I'm at it, mind if I ask your preferences for TWSBI nibs? My fountain pens are all Pilot, which I understand the Japanese nibs tend to be finer. With a wet ink the fine is okay, but I think I prefer the Pilot Medium. I figure a fine or medium with the Eco would suit well for a similar experience. But I'm also tempted to try something different like the stub.

I tend to prefer medium or broad nibs over all, with the TWSBI broad being one of my favorite broad nibs to write with. Their medium's are a great nib, as well. The only time I move to fine nibs is for pens I plan on writing in my pocket notebook with. I then pair the mediums with a wetter writing ink, and the broads with something that is average to dry writing. The really wet inks I happen upon (looking at you, 54th Mass.), I save for fine (or even the extra fine Lamy I have) nibs.

I tend to prefer medium or broad nibs over all, with the TWSBI broad being one of my favorite broad nibs to write with. Their medium's are a great nib, as well. The only time I move to fine nibs is for pens I plan on writing in my pocket notebook with. I then pair the mediums with a wetter writing ink, and the broads with something that is average to dry writing. The really wet inks I happen upon (looking at you, 54th Mass.), I save for fine (or even the extra fine Lamy I have) nibs.

Thanks for your insight! I think for the purple pen I want to try the stub. I may just have to get a second eco or another TWSBI and get that one in medium or broad.

Thanks for your insight! I think for the purple pen I want to try the stub. I may just have to get a second eco or another TWSBI and get that one in medium or broad.
There is also the option of just picking up a spare nib in the other size, so you can swap it out as desired.

Do you guys know what your going to be ?

I think I'm going to pick myself up a VP but I'm on sabbatical for a little while so ill live vicariously through you for a bit

My next pen will be the same as my current pen: Pilot G2 royal blue.

I had been using the Inc brand R2 roller pens.

But I'm going asea soon on an all expenses paid 6½ month cruise courtesy of the US Navy and I'll be needing one pen that can last the entries trip so I'll be breaking out the Parker Jotter that my dad gave me for HS graduation.

Do you guys know what your going to be ?

I'm currently using an Inc Brand R2 black rollerball pen [Dollartree. 2 pack for $1]

But the next pen I'm going to buy will be a Pilot G2, royal blue.

But that will be a while because I am getting an all expenses paid 6 ½ month cruise courtesy of the US Navy and for that I'll only have one pen, so I'll bet taking the Parker Jotter my dad have me for graduating HS.

There is also the option of just picking up a spare nib in the other size, so you can swap it out as desired.

Yes this is true too. Some searching shows people have found some other nibs that fit the Eco, but Eco nibs themselves are not available to buy. Perhaps a popular color, in one day Goulet lists the stub and broad as sold out. Went ahead and ordered it with the stub from Jet Pens.

There is a recess in the Eco feed where the Twsbi nib must sit, I didnt know this, pushed the nib and feed home and cracked the section. Although previous to this I had fitted a vintage gold nib, no problems.

I have two Ecos a white and a green, a stub and a medium, the stub took quite a lot of work before it worked for me, a fast cursive writer, but I still prefer the medium.

Unless your handwriting is large and you print more than do cursive I would buy the Medium

There is a recess in the Eco feed where the Twsbi nib must sit, I didnt know this, pushed the nib and feed home and cracked the section. Although previous to this I had fitted a vintage gold nib, no problems.

I have two Ecos a white and a green, a stub and a medium, the stub took quite a lot of work before it worked for me, a fast cursive writer, but I still prefer the medium.

Unless your handwriting is large and you print more than do cursive I would buy the Medium

Thanks for your feedback! I do write print more. Handwriting isn't huge but not tiny either. I think I'll like the stub, but I can always pick up a smaller nib later.

The good thing is that they are not very expensive, if you buy a stub and dont like it then it is not a huge loss. I am not a fan because I rotate the pen to the left which means that a stub cannot do its job very well and tends to dig in to the page, I improved it by rounding off the corners but, for me, its a novelty rather than a daily writer.

Exactly. At $30, it's worth an experiment to know for the future. Plus if I hate it that much I'm sure I could find a new home for it. I don't believe I tend to rotate nibs when I write, so I think it'll fit my style.

Top Bottom