What's new

Whats cooking in 2019?

Mussels + Marinara + Linguine.

Sorry, no pics.

In a little olive oil saute a wee bit of diced onion and minced garlic. Add a few red pepper flakes. Then add marinara sauce and a splash of red wine. Turn up heat, add scrubbed mussels. (Figure 1/4 to 1/3 pound of mussels per person.) Cover, cook until mussels open, 4 minutes or so. Serve over cooked linguine. Garnish with parsley.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Salmon cakes. Inside is lemon grass, ginger, garlic and cilantro. No binder at all. I topped it with a sweet aioli.

20190717_184841.jpg

Meat loaf on the camp chef smoker
Start
proxy.php

Done
proxy.php

Just topped it w ketchup glaze to finish, hope it is good, first time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya i was happy with it, wife wanted it cooked well, next time ill watch it and take it off 150-155.
beef pork blend, made a tinfoil drip tray under it , didnt know how much it would drip, it didnt much , used 90-10 beef.
Put it on parchment paper and was easy to slide on and off the smoker.. leftovers this week for sure.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I did something similar with mine. It was 50/50 beef and pork. I whizzed all the veggies in the food processor until they were virtually pulverized and then cooked them down in a skillet for about 10 minutes or so for flavor and to get rid of excess moisture. I cooked it for about 15 minutes or so at 220F (I'll go longer next time if I'm able), then brushed on the glaze and cranked up the cooker to 350F until it was done.

I took mine off at 155F internal, but I'll pull the next one closer to 150. I got a lot of carryover, just a shade short of 165, and it seemed just a tad overdone.

I set mine on foil while in the cooker.

For giggles, I shaped it by packing the mixture into a foil lined loaf pan and let it set in the fridge for about a half hour. I put the foil sheet on top, flipped the whole thing over, removed the foil from the top, and popped it into the cooker.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
In the meantime...

Scott opened his shop a little over a year ago and i've been buying all our fish & seafood from him for the past three four months. He suggested arctic char for this salmon taco recipe i wanted to try and happy i went with it.

Blackened/Charred Char taco with a mango, avocado, lime, red onion, cilantro, chili, cherry tomato, (had enough from the garden), salsa. The fish rub was a mix of ancho chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.

The recipe had you blackening the fish in a hot cast iron pan, to keep it interesting i blackened the fish under a chimney starter and lump charcoal, two minutes per side did he trick.

Beverage - Broadhead Brewing Company, Dark Horse Stout

Dessert - more of yesterdays cobbler and Greek Yogurt

Music - Mexican all the way... & where's @Rushman2112, Rush, Vapor Trails Remixed
Music - David Bowie, Heroes
Music - Tom Waits, Swordfishtrombones

View attachment 999164 View attachment 999165 View attachment 999166 View attachment 999167 View attachment 999168 View attachment 999169 View attachment 999171
dave
Wow
Wow! Y'all just keeping hitting balls out of the park!
Dave’s a regular Babe Ruth.

Wow

Dave’s a regular Babe Ruth.

Thanks very much Owen!

Been a while for chicken, a couple new tries tonight.

Simple rotisseried whole chicken, 3.25lb bird salted and sat for half hour then bagged with 2c buttermilk + 2T kosher salt into the fridge for 24 hours. Cooked maybe an hour and 10-15, needed to tent a side with foil part way through the cook as it was browning way faster then other areas. Hadn't tried that before but worked really well.

Side of potato/fresh pea salad, 1.5lb yellow potatoes, 2c of peas from the garden, first year growing shelling peas. Sauce of sour cream, horseradish, garden tarragon & scallions, chive garnish. A keeper!

Garden salad of mostly our own, lettuces/arugula/kale, tomatoes, radishes, green onions, peppers and musrooms from the market, we do have red peppers very close, this week.

Dessert - rhubarb has been doing great for us this year, still a good supply of frozen blackberries from last summer, combine for an awesome pie, greek yogurt topping... the first piece doesn't always cooperate... I had nothing to do with the pie outside of growing the rhubarb and tracking down blackberries.

House red...

Music - went to work this week and have my turntable and phono pre back in the mix so tons of vinyl to reacquaint with - David Byrne, Rei Momo

file2-24_B&Bsize425.jpg
file1-27_B&Bsize425.jpg
file2-23.jpeg
file1-26.jpeg
file3-22.jpeg
file5-16.jpeg
file4-21.jpeg

dave

Fresh pasta from Vinnie at the farmer's market, Portuguese chorizo from a tiny Portuguese grocer down the street from the market. Jar of tomato sauce from our 2018 tomato crop, affordable local celery, mushrooms, onions, backyard garlic, crushed fennel seed, chili flakes, basil, parm...

file5-17.jpeg
file6-11.jpeg
...dave

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Outstanding Dave!

Made some baked sole last night and decided to try this as a side...

Holy heck it was good!

Top Bottom