What's new

Whats cooking in 2019?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Breakfast in Brampton.jpg

Yes I like hot mustard.

Mike be careful....something is growing on your plate...

Actually that looks a lot like my breakfast plus eggs and minus fruit.

Found some prime Ribeyes marked down at the market. One hour sous vide and basted in garlic thyme butter.
IMG_20190523_190918_557.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190523_190918_556.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 3
Aussie rib eye steak in my new Le Crueset pan, roast pots, Puy lentils and char-grilled Romaine lettuce, followed by a raspberry fool.

No music again, Superugby still going, but next week it will be the Cricket World Cup.

Chef's helper, NZ rose followed by a Saffer Pinotagefjf4wUgpQHei4jG%7dpTfg.jpgaw9rGo7VRMqukSmNa7K0OQ.jpgET4HR8DuRHeLWu07OGweEA.jpgLyLsii6GQCi4+NYWYchKWg.jpg

shavefan

I’m not a fan
^^^Some out of the park home runs guys :a14:

From the other night...

Tenderloin steak salad, with baby greens/spinach mix, avocado & Manchego cheese

fullsizeoutput_24e.jpeg

Beeef's on a roll... great looking meals guy!

Continuing with the beef theme, today was run around day hitting all the nurseries we like so an easy quicky for dinner tonight. Striploin air-dried for ~48 hours, grilling salt a couple hours before grilling, steamed local asparagus, the star of the show, fried egg & sourdough bread.

Tunes - Sleigh Bells, Reign of Terror
Tunes - Meat Puppets, Rise to Your Knees
Tunes - Hot Tuna, Live @ Sweetwater Two

file-1.jpeg

file.jpeg
file1.jpeg
dave

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Looks great Dave - Reminds me that Tis the season for grilling 'grass, I better try some tomorrow

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
OK new territory for me. I've had some grass fed beef liver soaking in milk for a couple of hours. I'm about to cook this stuff with lots of onions. As a backup I've a nice strip loin steak I might have instead.

Gulp. . . once more into the breach or some other phrase . . .

I'm kinda scared. Gulp.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
OK new territory for me. I've had some grass fed beef liver soaking in milk for a couple of hours. I'm about to cook this stuff with lots of onions. As a backup I've a nice strip loin steak I might have instead.

Gulp. . . once more into the breach or some other phrase . . .

I'm kinda scared. Gulp.

Perhaps a stiff drink to calm the nerves? Gulp! :001_cool:

I've never cooked liver. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Haven't had liver that i know of since the mid 80's and that was chicken's, but recently we did bolognese sauce that called for 1/2lb of chicken livers so gave them a try solo as well while putting the sauce together. my memory after decades of the taste, the texture was so spot on that any thought of getting some calf liver to grill, and i'd been entertaining the idea, has been kicked to the curb.

Still have another half pound of the chicken liver in the freezer and will use it in the sauce again, i'm sure i could detect it in the sauce but then i could have been still traumatized by earlier sampling.
Bon appètite Mike!
dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Not as bad as I feared. Didn't stink up the place as I remember when my mom made it. That being said I think this was a one off. I ate all I put on my plate which was a pretty fair amount. Started out fine but as I was eating it just got a bit much.

My dog is having the meal of his life. Loves this. I can see adding it to beef stew, for the health benefits, but na . . . not my thing.

I guess I shouldn't talk about the time my neighbor was butcher some cows. When I mentioned I would like the liver for my 1/2 a cow he gave me a 5 gallon bucket full. We made liver pretty much any way we could think of then used the rest to make dog treats/cookies that seemed to be extremely popular with the canine crowd.

The problem I have now is that store bought liver doesn't taste right... Neighbor doesn't do cows anymore but when I do get a 1/2 beef (grass fed no grain finish) I ask for the liver and heart, heck I even take the bones for soup and the dogs.

Ruckin (will cook for food)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Perhaps a stiff drink to calm the nerves? Gulp! :001_cool:

I've never cooked liver. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yeah I had this covered. A bit of 40 Creek whisky.

My rescue dog might have had the small cask of brandy I had on his neck.

viscious dog.jpg

Pinch hitter in the kitchen last night, my wife made Pasta Carbonara using Vinnie's market stall, fresh pasta and Schinkenspek instead of bacon, delicious!

file6.jpeg

dave

More pasta but with an asparagus/basil cream sauce. Topped the dozen basil plants i potted up this afternoon, about the right amount...

file-4.jpeg

dave

Top Bottom