What's new

What's Cooking 2021

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Hard to believe no 2021 thread yet (it's May already!) I'll start. . .

I put up 6 qts of chicken stock this morning (cooked yesterday, chilled in fridge overnight)

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 11.30.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 11.21.37 AM.png

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I love a good fresh made scratch made chicken stock. You can control everything that goes in it. Good job BT.

Thanks Aaron. Of course I agree 100%. Maybe the best part is that it's free. I save my chicken and veg scraps in the freezer. When my freezer bag gets full, I make more stock. Not only is it better than store bought, but costs less too. Winner winner chicken dinner.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Maybe the best part is that it's free. I save my chicken and veg scraps in the freezer. When my freezer bag gets full, I make more stock. Not only is it better than store bought, but costs less too. Winner winner chicken dinner.

I do the same thing. While I've recently done some small batches in the Instant Pot, I usually do larger batches in my stock pot. Those are nice, easy going days--just top up with boiling water from time to time. I also bring home the holiday turkey carcasses for stock.

I will occasionally add a smoked pork neck bone to the pot for a little added body and flavor.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I do the same thing. While I've recently done some small batches in the Instant Pot, I usually do larger batches in my stock pot. Those are nice, easy going days--just top up with boiling water from time to time. I also bring home the holiday turkey carcasses for stock.

I will occasionally add a smoked pork neck bone to the pot for a little added body and flavor.

Yup, I'm a turkey carcass bandit after thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws every year.

Nice idea with the smoked pork neck. :thumbsup:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I always make stock when there is a carcass to be used, but more often I make vegetable stock from the one gallon freezer bag holding onion, celery, carrot, lettuce, and mushoom ends and tomato cores.

Hi everyone! Geez I haven't been here in a Kentucky minute! So first place to check for old friends is of course here in the foodie section!

Top Bottom