What's new

What's Cooking 2018?

That looks really good!!
Yeah it’s fun and usually turns out really good. Pretty simple prep, just scoop out the innards, S&P, shredded cheese, and then chicken stock and heavy cream before it goes in the oven. Gets a good fall flavor when the pumpkin flesh gets mixed in.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
This will play a key role in the brisket sandwich I will have for lunch.

20181104_104414.jpg

Nice, very nice. What is the sausage? Or a better question we would be...could you send me those sausages?

Thanks Aaron. Fresh Sweet Italian pork sausage with cheese. Peppers done with olive oil, onions, garlic, red pepper, parsley, basil, black pepper, and red wine.

Love to send you some but I think they won't be the same after the trip :001_smile

Tom

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks Aaron. Fresh Sweet Italian pork sausage with cheese. Peppers done with olive oil, onions, garlic, red pepper, parsley, basil, black pepper, and red wine.

Love to send you some but I think they won't be the same after the trip :001_smile

Tom
Thanks Tommy...I just love the look of those.

Tonight's supper

Portuguese chorizo (it shrunk a bit more than I was expecting but still so tasty!), potato pancakes (ridiculously crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside), home made sour cream and just in case the GF happens to be following me on B&B a big tomato (see babes, I'm eating my veggies).
proxy.php

I think the leftover pancake looks like the Millennium Falcon
proxy.php

Looks great! :thumbup1:

How was the taste and texture? Did you use raw ground chicken or cooked? Intrigued's mind wants to know. :w00t:

Thanks! I ground 4# raw boneless thicken thighs through a 10mm plate, mixed in 3/4# crumbled feta, 2-cups chopped spinach, 4.5oz chicken stock, garlic, and spices (salt, white pepper, paprika, marjoram, and cardamom), cooked in a pan until 160*. Pretty easy and tasty. I'll stuff the rest in hog casings today.

Tom

Top Bottom