What's new

What's Cooking 2017

Looks great, Dustin! And so 2017!!!! :w00t:

Thanks, and for being so simple, they were absolutely amazing tasting. I'll admit, I'm usually a bit limited in my veggie variety that I like and will eat, but oven roasted is just about always a win for cooking them.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Comfort food for me to start the new year with.

Meat Loaf, Durgin Park Baked Beans, Oven Roasted Squash with Butter & Cinnamon, and Blue Berries & Raspberries for dessert.
$IMG_5028.jpg

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The girls have been sick so I made a couple of hundred wontons to keep them up to their eyebrows in soup.

I work overnights, Mon night through Thur night, so my schedule is pretty wonky. To make things easier, I cook up several large batches of things Sunday nights, usually cooking/baking until around 3am, then short myself to 4 hours of sleep, so I can crash out Monday afternoon for most of the day and be ready for work. Here's some of my work from last night.

$IMG_20170103_003801.jpg

$IMG_20170103_005626.jpg

$IMG_20170103_011618.jpg

$IMG_20170103_011624.jpg

End results:

$IMG_20170103_014409.jpg

Most are filled with an olive tapenade, various pickled peppers, parm/romano cheese. Some have tomato sauce, some have pesto. I think I even put some turkey pepperoni in one or two.

Dealing with leftover bits from New Years Eve...

Baked tortilla chips, chunks of hard cheeses, olives, green & red chilis, , sweet peppers, spring onions, half a tin of anchovies, tub of mixed cherry tomatoes, tub of mixed sweet and spicy micro greens, tomatilla and tomato salsas, a $2 six pack of avocadoes- first a simple light lunch with more dregs.

Hard for me to say this but those imported cherry tomatoes really do taste like tomatoes.

Is anchovy on nachos kosher?dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Curry chicken on caviar.

$Curry with black rice.jpg

Well . . . Ok it was black rice.
You just have to think that black rice would taste unusual. Nope. Tastes just like brown rice.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sautéed some orange bell pepper, garlic, prosciutto, and scallops in butter, olive oil, and lemon. Drained it, made a
cream sauce, and put over mini Penne pasta. Pasta and cream sauce make for lousy pictures.

Attachments

• $IMG_2953.jpg
    $IMG_2953.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 76
Its good to see that you're hungry Chris.

God speed my friend.

Happy New Year to you Aaron and everyone. Well, the steroids they gave me sent me the other way. I can't stop eating, but they said things will stabilize.

Everything that you guys have been cooking has been looking fantastic!

Nicely done Aaron, you're still able to eat like it's the middle of summer down there!

How are things holding up? I see a lot of other Texans reporting nasty snowfalls and temperatures of late. An eye opener for me.

dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nicely done Aaron, you're still able to eat like it's the middle of summer down there!

How are things holding up? I see a lot of other Texans reporting nasty snowfalls and temperatures of late. An eye opener for me.

dave
I live just east of Fort Worth. Luckily, we just got a dusting. If we get ice on the roads, it becomes a bit crazy. I haven't heard what Austin got- but since it had to blow through here first, I assume they did okay.

Top Bottom