What's new

What's Cooking, 2015

^^^those tortillas look nice and toasted. Good job.
Yeah, the smoke detector went off a few times when she was heating up the Naan. :lol:

She thinks she had too much oil in the dough or the pan, so we lost a few that got too charred.

It isn't a true home cooked meal at our house unless the smoke alarm goes off at least once!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yeah, the smoke detector went off a few times when she was heating up the Naan. :lol:

She thinks she had too much oil in the dough or the pan, so we lost a few that got too charred.

It isn't a true home cooked meal at our house unless the smoke alarm goes off at least once!

Mine used to go off all the time until I bought a new vent-a-hood. A PITA to install but it sucks great with no more alarms...unless of course you forget to turn it on.

Homemade pizza bianco tonight: olive oil, fresh goat cheese, chantarelle mushrooms and caramelized onions. The only question is, "What wine?"

LOTH has figured out a terrific variation on classic burger:

1 pound of ground bison (available in markets here in frozen food case)
combine with panko crumbs, 1/2 diced red onion and 1 egg
form into 4 burgers

grill

top each burger with 2 slices of apple wood smoked bacon
slice of Beecher's Flagship (local cheddar) cheese

optional: fried onions

serve on toasted brioche bun with whatever sides you like (homemade potato salad for us tonight)

Wonderful.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
When it's hot outside make a nice cool shrimp cocktail.

$image.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Chicken fajita tacos. Homemade salsa, guacamole, fresh grilled onions, bell pepper and jalapeño. Cheese too, cilantro with fresh corn tortillas.

$image.jpg

Leftovers never tasted so good. Home-smoked brisket--steamed to heat through--on a toasted bun with mayo and Tabasco splashed on top. This was lunch and I had another for dinner.

$image.jpg

I worked from home today so I did three racks of ribs and a beer can chicken on the smoker; we had some family coming over for dinner.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks guys. Someone needs to do something around here....this place is dead tonight.

That's turkey meatballs with a homemade wine marinara. Wholewheat hoagie bread

Top Bottom