What's new

What's Cooking, 2015

working out my pizza dough recipe, used 3 ways over 5 days, new york style pizza, sausage sage knots, deep dish. The dough tasted better after a few days, probably best used with thin crust, but good all around. $photo 1.jpg$photo 2.jpg$photo 3.jpg$photo 5.jpg

I'm not much of a cook, but the kids and I made these Rice Krispie Treats (and some yummy King's Hawaiian pizza bread) for the SuperBowl ...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423176877.621799.jpg

Sausage party!

I made 25 pounds of Alton Brown's breakfast sausage. I've made patties with this sausage before, but this time I made links since it's much faster for me. I also turned out 30 pounds of mild Italian links. My freezer is happy, now.

$image.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Pizza made with Naan bread. Toppings are jalapeño, grilled sausage, olives, mushrooms, onions, basil, Rosemary, oregano, homemade marinara sauce an Mexican mozzarella cheese.

$image.jpg

Oh crap...I forgot the hot sauce.:(

Last edited:
Pizza made with Naan bread. Toppings are jalapeño, grilled sausage, olives, mushrooms, onions, basil, Rosemary, oregano, homemade marinara sauce an Mexican mozzarella cheese.

Very Nice. I wasn't sure how many other use Naan or flatbreads to make Pizzas. They make for a quick pizza treat and always turn out well on the Pizza Stone.

We do small ones and everyone can make their own, like a DIY Pizza Bar.

The cheese on your looks amazing!

We use naan for pizza. One of our favorite ways is to dice some eggplant, toss it with olive oil and roast it in the oven. When done we put it in the food processor with oregano, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. We use this as our "sauce" and top with Kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, red onion and Feta cheese.

Great looking pizza, Aaron!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Now that sounds like an incredible sauce! I shall give it a shot soon.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We use naan for pizza. One of our favorite ways is to dice some eggplant, toss it with olive oil and roast it in the oven. When done we put it in the food processor with oregano, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. We use this as our "sauce" and top with Kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, red onion and Feta cheese.

Great looking pizza, Aaron!

Thanks Stephen. That eggplant sauce does sound really good.

Very Nice. I wasn't sure how many other use Naan or flatbreads to make Pizzas. They make for a quick pizza treat and always turn out well on the Pizza Stone.

We do small ones and everyone can make their own, like a DIY Pizza Bar.

The cheese on your looks amazing!

Its the first time using the Naan. We actually toasted it first in a hot oven. Then put on sauce and toppings, threw back in oven until cheese melted. We like it crunchy with a bit of chew. The cheese is Oaxacan.

Now that sounds like an incredible sauce! I shall give it a shot soon.

+1 and where have you been Mister?

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Sicker n a dog!!!
everyone in the house
just got home from another trip to the dr and he changed the antibiotics.
This has been a really rough year for both sides of our family!

I was in charge or supper tonight as my wife is working, so I pulled out some of her homemade red wine marinara and added some sausage, served with Rigatoni and garlic bread.

$IMG_20150207_173011 (Large) (1).jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Last minute decision to make some ice cream, so went with a basic vanilla. Straight out to the ice cream maker, it needed to set up a bit in the freezer but I could not wait. :001_smile
Served with strawberries fresh from my garden.

$20150208_190843.jpg

Top Bottom