What's new

What's coming out of YOUR roaster?

Roasted out of desperation
Haitian Blue and Brazil
IMG_2326.jpeg

Reactions: Wid
I have been home roasting for years with a DIY breadmachine/heatgun roaster and I love being able to roast just enough for 2 or 3 weeks and always have freshly roasted coffee.

Last roast I did three different coffees and I've been alternating between them, pulling SO espresso shots with a different one each morning:
Colombia Inzá Veredas Vecinas
Guatemala Atitlán Agricultores Santiago (I bought a lot of this way back in 2021 - still roasting up really well though)
Ethiopia Organic Yirga Cheffe Chelbesa Danche (also from 2021)

Here's a picture of the Colombian that I roasted on March 12 - really delicious coffee but I only have enough of it left for about 4 or 5 double espressos so it's time to roast again so I can have my morning espresso in April.
1711676687426.png

I like my home roasts best when they have rested about a week after roasting - it is interesting how the flavor changes over time post roast. I have these three green coffees waiting for me - it'll be my first time roasting these so I have no idea what to expect:
Colombia Organic Alianza Granjeros
Burundi Dry Process Kibingo Station
Mexico Organic Lagunilla Coop

I have to roast outside and get best results when the temp is above 65° - so it's not roasting season yet in NY. I sure am looking forward to it though. I usually go with Ethiopian, Costa Rican and Yemeni (when something decent is available, I miss the pre-war days).

Reactions: Wid
Last roast of the night came in a bit over 16% on loss. A bit darker than normal, got caught up talking to the wife.

IMG_2203.jpeg
IMG_2204.jpeg

I recently roasted that bean at a 15.1% loss. It is way more fruity than I'd expected from a Huehue. Smooth body, cocoa aftertaste. How was yours?

The fruitiness surprised me. I was aiming for unscorched cocoa, and that usually makes my fruit notes disappear. This one might be drinkable to me a bit darker!

Haven’t tried it yet

Top Bottom