What's new

What's a good synthetic brush under $30?

Very nice! If i may ask, do you find any significant difference between the Yaqi plissoft and the Razorock plissoft knots? I mean in terms of splay, blackbone, etc?

I have a RR Big Bruce and a Yaqi Segrada Familia, they both perform really well. The Yaqi SF is a smaller knot than the BB but feels softer to me. It is also set deeper than the BB so it has some backbone to it, comparatively.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Very nice! If i may ask, do you find any significant difference between the Yaqi plissoft and the Razorock plissoft knots? I mean in terms of splay, blackbone, etc?
I only have one Yaqi plissoft, the Black Marble handle (24x60). Other than appearance (the tips are slightly lighter), performance is identical to the RazoRock plissofts of similar knot size. The RR Bruce is my favorite plissoft for bowl lathering, while I prefer the RR Big Bruce for face lathering.

I'm no expert, but find the Yaqi and RR brushes to be very similar in appearance and performance.

I have a RR Big Bruce and a Yaqi Segrada Familia, they both perform really well. The Yaqi SF is a smaller knot than the BB but feels softer to me. It is also set deeper than the BB so it has some backbone to it, comparatively.

Thanks, i have the Yaqi Sagrada, although mine has a glue bump of about 13mm, which gives it very high backbone.

I only have one Yaqi plissoft, the Black Marble handle (24x60). Other than appearance (the tips are slightly lighter), performance is identical to the RazoRock plissofts of similar knot size. The RR Bruce is my favorite plissoft for bowl lathering, while I prefer the RR Big Bruce for face lathering.

I'm no expert, but find the Yaqi and RR brushes to be very similar in appearance and performance.

Thank you very much. I have 4 Yaqi plissofts and i was just wondering if there was some difference between them and Razorock. I think i have read that Razorock used Yaqi as their manufacturer, but i was curious to see if they are the same knots or whether i was missing something for not having a Razorock too. So you answered my question perfectly. Thanks.

Top Bottom