What's new

What's a good shave?

Hello everyone. This is a bit of a silly question, but to be honest, I'm full of silly questions.

How do you measure a "good shave"?

I've been using DE for about 2 months now. And obviously my shaves are better and closer than they were with the mach3. I'd consider my shaves good. But are they? I mean in the grander scale of things - compared to most of you pro's here, my shaves are probably not that great. :bored:

After I shave, I touch my cheeks. It feels fairly soft. When i run my hands up my cheeks (against the grain) I can feel light stubble. On close inspections in the mirror, I can usually see light stubble. A bit of a shadow. Is this quite normal?

So what is a good shave or a great shave? Is it when you don't cut yourself? or you don't get razor burn? How do you gents decide whether your shave is good or not?

cheers

A good shave is one that you feel good about and one that looks good. This does not always mean "baby butt smooth". Depending on your beard and skin color, a "gray" appearance may remain. Focus on a three pass shave. With, across and against the grain. Be sure that you are using proper skin stretching techniques. Getting that "perfect" shave takes time and practice.

Randy

I'm happy when my shave leaves me where I con only minimally feel the hair going against the grain (I have never had a shave where I completely got rid of that feel) and where the hair isn't overtly visible, though I still end up with a "shadow" appearance... can't seem to make the hair completely dissapear. That annoys me but I don't think it is going to change.

rtaylor61 said:
A good shave is one that you feel good about and one that looks good. This does not always mean "baby butt smooth". Depending on your beard and skin color, a "gray" appearance may remain. Focus on a three pass shave. With, across and against the grain. Be sure that you are using proper skin stretching techniques. Getting that "perfect" shave takes time and practice.

Randy
Well said, Randy.

I'm one of those gents whose beard will always cast shadow. When I first realized this fact, I was disappointed, however, since then my wife has said that it is extremely masculine and it turns her on.:blush: I can certainly live with that.

A good measure of a proper shave is when women approach you in the street and start caressing your face. If this has never happened to you then you're not doing it right:lol:

AJS said:
A good measure of a proper shave is when women approach you in the street and start caressing your face. If this has never happened to you then you're not doing it right:lol:

W00t w00t!! I shave well! I shave well! Women did that all the time when I was walking through the mall... Ow wait, I was only 1 year old then.. :confused: Continue on, nothing to see here. :mellow:

AJS said:
I thought all wet shavers dealt with this phenomenon. Are you saying that you and I are unique in this experience?:biggrin:

that is why we use hai karate aftershave !!!!!

a good shave is when you are all finished and you look at your self and say..."you look marvelous " and when you look marvelous you fell marvelous....and you feel like taking on the day....

mark

Top Bottom