What's new

What’re you 3 favorite SMELLING soaps?

Proraso Red (sandalwood)
I liked the scent from the get-go, nearly four years ago now, and it just seems to continually get better.

Cella
On the first shave the scent immediately reminded me of my late beloved Granny's marzipan cakes. Wonderful.

Martin de Candre Agrumes
The best, and most refreshing, citrus scent of any shaving soap I've used.
Wow! Next time I’m in NYC
Proraso Red (sandalwood)
I liked the scent from the get-go, nearly four years ago now, and it just seems to continually get better.

Cella
On the first shave the scent immediately reminded me of my late beloved Granny's marzipan cakes. Wonderful.

Martin de Candre Agrumes
The best, and most refreshing, citrus scent of any shaving soap I've used.
i am definitely gonna have to get some agrumes then. I love a citrus scent. Thanks

In no particular order....

PAA Ciderhouse 5 - amazing, comforting smell. Smells just like a cider factory in the fall. Absolutely delicious scent.

TOBS Grapefruit - The most realistic grapefruit/citrus scent of any shave soap I’ve ever encountered. Simply refreshing

Sebum Gold - I feel like a clean shaved lumberjack out in the woods after I use this. It’s got an incredibly clean woodsy scent to it similar to fresh sawdust. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In no particular order....

PAA Ciderhouse 5 - amazing, comforting smell. Smells just like a cider factory in the fall. Absolutely delicious scent.

TOBS Grapefruit - The most realistic grapefruit/citrus scent of any shave soap I’ve ever encountered. Simply refreshing

Sebum Gold - I feel like a clean shaved lumberjack out in the woods after I use this. It’s got an incredibly clean woodsy scent to it similar to fresh sawdust. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TOBS Grapefruit is on my list. But wow that Ciderhouse 5 sounds great too.

Razor Emporium - Sandalwood. I’d describe this as a non-typical sandalwood scent. Mild but masculine and I keep coming back to it.

Proraso - Green lathered with Cremo - Blue. Makes for a refreshing, minty shave.

There was a shave soap I picked up from the Tombstone Mustachery called Deadly Weapon. It had a clean, masculine smell that I liked.

TOBS Sandalwood
Proraso Green
My own home made Frangipani.

I am a card carrying member of the Cult of ARKO but the citronella is a bit powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
All 3 are great performers but their scents are what I love most. No particular order bc I love each one so much.

Extro Cosmesi - Bergamotto di Calabria. I honeymooned in Amalfi and this soap transports me right back. It smells precisely like a freshly sliced fragrant lemon. No perfume at all, just incredibly fresh lemons w a little tartness.

West Coast Shaving - The Soloist by Zingari Man. This is such a complex wonderful scent. I spent my late teens and early twenties roaming around New Orleans listening to music in dive bars most nights til 4am. The tobacco, rum and spice of the pink pepper captures this perfectly. Might sound gross To some, but to me it was pure Romance. I could shave w this every day. The scent just tugs at my heart.

Catie’s Bubbles - Irish Coffee. Every time I smell this I want to taste it. I don’t, but I want to bc it smells sooo delicious. My wife makes pie from Thanksgiving through New Year’s and we always have an abundance of fresh made whipped cream in the house at this time. I have been known to soil my morning double espressos w this cream, a little sugar and a shot of whiskey. Holiday decadence! You can smell each of the 4 ingredients in this soap. It is absolutely uncanny.

Tell me what soaps you love to smell and why! Thanks for indulging me.
View attachment 1075450
1. Stirling Bay Rum
2. Stirling Bay Rum
3. Stirling Bay Rum

Tabac
AoS Rose (cream only, sadly, and out of production)
AoS Sandalwood (old tallow formula, current formula I understand to be far inferior performance-wise)

I think the moral here is that AoS makes great scents, they just can't stop discontinuing good stuff.

(Oh, and if I could slip in an honorable mention, fourth place would be TOBS Mr. Taylor's.)

Pre de Provence 63 - this reminds me of a warm marine type scent of that makes any sense

Martin de Candre Agrumes - I've always liked citrus scents and this has a great lemon scent

Shannon's Soaps Lakeshore Drive - this is more of a true marine/oceanic scent that I really enjoy

Last edited:
Top Bottom