What's new

What’d you get for Christmas/Holidays this year? Pics are great!

I got these two soaps from Santa. I’m normally a tallow soap guy, but these are both vegan. I have been wanting the Club Cola for a long time (I even started a thread asking if anybody knew of a shaving soap that smelled like Coca-Cola, lol). I have shaved through a tub of Savannah Sunrise before, with an older version of Dr. Jon‘s vegan soap base. It is one of my favorite scents in shaving, and I hear he has improved the base since.
I had a chance to shave with the Club Cola yesterday. Fantastic! Smelled great, lathered great, shaved great! Can’t wait to put both of these soaps into my regular rotation.

7C6A4FCB-C1C9-46C8-85C6-3AD961280A03.jpeg

I got these two soaps from Santa. I’m normally a tallow soap guy, but these are both vegan. I have been wanting the Club Cola for a long time (I even started a thread asking if anybody knew of a shaving soap that smelled like Coca-Cola, lol). I have shaved through a tub of Savannah Sunrise before, with an older version of Dr. Jon‘s vegan soap base. It is one of my favorite scents in shaving, and I hear he has improved the base since.
I had a chance to shave with the Club Cola yesterday. Fantastic! Smelled great, lathered great, shaved great! Can’t wait to put both of these soaps into my regular rotation.

View attachment 1200104
Soap that smells like Coca-Cola...sounds awesome! What a great time to be a wet shaver! Congratulations! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Let's see...

WCS 28mm Synth, Fine Lavender, an awesome unpronounceable German soap, Crusellas version of Florida Water, and not pictured, Mexican aftershave Don Jose Grisi gel.

full

AA
Awesome! That is a great looking brush! Merry Christmas!

Let's see...

WCS 28mm Synth, Fine Lavender, an awesome unpronounceable German soap, Crusellas version of Florida Water, and not pictured, Mexican aftershave Don Jose Grisi gel.

full

AA
Manufaktur Zartgefühl it’s a pun zart = soft/delicate, Gefühl/fühlen means Emotion but also feeling/touching.

On their homepage I can only find a Prince Charming soap labeled as Aquatic sea breeze.
Ingredients
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Canolate,Sodium Cocoa Butterate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Caprae Lac, Kaolin Parfum, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, CI 77891

Last edited:
Nothing in the shaving line per se. But Miss Linda gave me two big soap bars, "Man Bars" they're called, and a bottle of hair/face/body wash. (No, she's not hinting; I shower every day and shave every 1-2. But maybe she doesn't care for the scent of Irish Spring soap.) She also gifted me with a bath towel with the Kokopelli figure embroidered on it; I picked up the face towel at Bed, Bath, & Beyond earlier this year, and now I have a matched set.

She's talking about my using one of those little poofy pad things to apply the body wash or soap. I say, "No. We men have tools for just that. They're called hands."

View attachment 1200104
I love Wickham 1912 soaps. They are full of good stuff for your skin.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas to you! 🎅 🌲 🌟

I'm on a wierd brush binge: large synthetics and Simpson Best Badger. It's got to be one or the other!

The German soap has the best scent ever, got to research it.

AA
Manufaktur Zartgefühl it’s a pun zart = soft/delicate, Gefühl/fühlen means Emotion but also feeling/touching.

On their homepage I can only find a Prince Charming soap labeled as Aquatic sea breeze.
Ingredients
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Sodium Canolate,Sodium Cocoa Butterate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Caprae Lac, Kaolin Parfum, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, CI 77891
Found it here: Manafaktur Zartgefühl Sounds amazing!

#

I really like Orient watches, most of them come close to Chronometer levels +/- 4 secs a day. The steel straps are IMO a bit clunky so I have them either on NATO/ZULU straps or on a Rubber 2 piece.
The Steinhart Vintage GMT I got myself for Christmas came on a steel bracelet. Just holding it in my hand, I thought it weighed more than my vintage Rolex Sub and Rolex Date combined. I put it on a NATO strap, the "Vintage Bond" stripe pattern, and it's much better.

Top Bottom