What's new

What year is this Aristocrat?

I found this on one of those apps like LetGo but I can't tell the year based on the pictures. It looks like the person put the razor in the lid of the case? Not sure why though. The only 2 pictures are awful but I think it's a 49. Thoughts?
proxy.php
proxy.php

If the 2 "bands" on the handle are smooth, and I think they are, it's a 1946-1948 Gillette Aristocrat, my favorite 'crat. I like I because the way the head is engineered and built, and also it is the most aggressive of the post war Aristocrats.

The 1949-1951 Aristocrat is a tad mild for my tough whiskers, and the Aristocrats from the 1930's are a little harsh on my face.

If the 2 "bands" on the handle are smooth, and I think they are, it's a 1946-1948 Gillette Aristocrat, my favorite 'crat. I like I because the way the head is engineered and built, and also it is the most aggressive of the post war Aristocrats.

The 1949-1951 Aristocrat is a tad mild for my tough whiskers, and the Aristocrats from the 1930's are a little harsh on my face.

Thank you for the info. It's just under $30 so I'm probably going to pull the trigger if it's there tomorrow morning. It's absolutely in rough shape but I'm buying it as a tool, not a collectors piece thankfully.

Thanks for all the help everybody. I ended up getting it for 25 due to the condition. How would I go about making the case look better? I expect the razor bed cloth to be coming up like on another case I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow nevermind to this project. I paid for the razor around 12 today and just got a message saying the razor had already been sold. I got my money back but I would much rather have the razor.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Wow nevermind to this project. I paid for the razor around 12 today and just got a message saying the razor had already been sold. I got my money back but I would much rather have the razor.

That's a bummer. They come up a good bit, be patient and I know you will get one.

Kindly,
Adam

I got one without the case, and in better condition, for about $35, if I remember correctly. You'll find one, just keep looking around. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom