What's new

What would you do?

So it all finally came to fruition. I've been getting some help from @Wid with a few Gold Dollars I previously mentioned. Well, today I had a really nice comfortable shave with it. I want to thank all of you and especially @Wid for the help and advice. The shave was so comfortable I could barely feel the razor on my face. Who knew from a $17 SR? I've learned that never skip a step in the progression. Before, I went 1K,4K,12K and skipped 8K. This time, using my Norton stones (and a 12K Naniwa) I went 1K using a marker until the marker was gone from both sides, then 4K, 8K, 12K, then stopped 60 times this morning.

This morning it was the Gold Dollar, a Parker brush (little longer handle) and a sampler Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber soap.
So I've got a couple more SR's I want to tackle now so we'll see how it works out. I think my biggest hurdle in learning is knowing when the bevel is set. Without knowing, you end up going too long, or too short. The other thing I learned is its not an exact science and knowing when to move on is a learn as you go thing. I hope I've got it now - we'll see.

1680263933818.png

Top Bottom