What's new

What would be in your Stirling Soap Sample Pack? Choose 5!

Baker Street
Bergamot Lavender
Executive Man
Gin & Tonic
Piacenza

I've had samples of all of these aside from Baker Street, which sounds like a good one. If I purchased a full container, it would be Executive Man or Piacenza. Stirling is great soap, but I like MWF slightly more so tend to stick with it.

I just played this game with myself for a couple of days! I was going to order some soap from Stirling anyway, so I tried to
pick 5 samples based on descriptions and reviews from their website. I have already had Bay Rum and Stirling Spice and
liked them a lot, so I chose samples, looking for what the reviewers described as those with stronger scents. I came up with:

Baker Street,
Barber Shop,
Sharp Dressed Man,
Ben Franklin,
Sandalwood

At the last second I changed my mind, and decided to order two regular sized pucks, one new to me and one old favorite. I went with Baker St. and Stirling Spice. I got them the other day, and already have decided that I am UNDERwhelmed by the Baker St.....it just doesn't have a strong enough scent, to my liking at least. So, I'm using the Stirling Spice (my old standby!) first, and will just use up the Baker St. for a change of pace or when I'm out of my favorites. Disappointing, but at least I got one that I like.....

Can anybody ID for me which of my choices up above would have been stronger scented.....?

I'd suggest trying a beef tallow base, mutton tallow base and the beef tallow with beeswax and see what you like. Then go crazy and buy a ton of samples!

The Stirling samples are pretty big at 1oz (28.35g) so I don't find the need to buy full size one's given the amount of soaps I rotate through.

I just played this game with myself for a couple of days! I was going to order some soap from Stirling anyway, so I tried to
pick 5 samples based on descriptions and reviews from their website. I have already had Bay Rum and Stirling Spice and
liked them a lot, so I chose samples, looking for what the reviewers described as those with stronger scents. I came up with:

Baker Street,
Barber Shop,
Sharp Dressed Man,
Ben Franklin,
Sandalwood

At the last second I changed my mind, and decided to order two regular sized pucks, one new to me and one old favorite. I went with Baker St. and Stirling Spice. I got them the other day, and already have decided that I am UNDERwhelmed by the Baker St.....it just doesn't have a strong enough scent, to my liking at least. So, I'm using the Stirling Spice (my old standby!) first, and will just use up the Baker St. for a change of pace or when I'm out of my favorites. Disappointing, but at least I got one that I like.....

Can anybody ID for me which of my choices up above would have been stronger scented.....?
Barbershop will last all day. It's beautiful smell. Queen of Hearts is close to barbershop in a way.

You left out the best Stirling soaps - the Mutton tallow offerings. My top 5 sample recommendations:
1. Varen
2. Glacial Electric Sheep
3. Glastonbury

4. Executive Man
5. Sandpiper
I wish they had the best ones to offer in their sample pack! Thank you for your reply!
Though not available in the formal sampler, these are currently available as standalone 1oz sample pucks.
These three are my absolute faves by Stirling along with Deep Blue and Faskally (seasonal).

Seeing a lot here I would like to try, interesting that Executive Man seems to be the most popular. I have that AS in “Glacial” and love it. You can also buy menthol drops in their site to spice up any other AS you may already have if you like menthol, and I love the fact that you can choose different levels of menthol in many of their products. My takes after just trying a Stirling Sampler-

Executive Man- Love it. Scent is not very strong and won’t be overpowering. I’ve never smelled real Creed and at $300 a bottle likely never will, but I like this stuff a lot. Also have this aftershave in “Glacial” (extra menthol). I’ll order a full tub, and more AS.
Lemon- I either really like it or really don’t- fresh lemons or cleaning product? Confusing.
Vanilla Sandalwood- Good and strong. Smells like Sandalwood, but also a bit like sugar cookies to me In the tub. Mental issue with brown soap, but I sure do like the smell.
Marguerites in the Artic- Smells like the mix, not the drink to me. I find it unpleasant and overpowering. Love menthol so really wanted to like it. Every one else seems to love it but it’s just not my cup of tea. The only one I have disliked thus far.
Spearmint Glacial- LOVE this one but don’t see it in their site? Very fresh, freezing menthol and smells like real spearmint. Fantastic cool feeling that sticks with you for an hour on hot Texas mornings. It’s like A/C for your face. Already had this one, ad it’s the reason I wanted to try Marguerites. I hope it hasn’t been discontinued!
Mountain Man and Sharp Dressed Man- Mostly similar but with one sharp note difference I can’t identify. I guess I could read it in their site? I would venture to guess that if you like one you will like the other, but the nod goes to Mountain Man as it seems a cleaner, more fresh smell, which is what I really enjoy. I enjoy fresh, clean scents such as MWF and TOBS Sandlewood, so these are right up my alley. Seems the “man” anything so far from Stirling has been excellent.

I’m a huge Stirling fan. I wouldn’t mind comparing their Lanolin based products to MWF and trying several more of their products, but I’ve got plenty of good soap for now and limited space in the “den” (bathroom). The great thing about Stirlings samples is that they are generous, so for only a few $ more than the cost of the same amount of only one soap you can have a variety if you have your own containers. They all lather wonderfully.
As always, YMMV. What smells great to me may smell awful to you and vice versa. You can’t please everyone all the time, but in general I think Stirling knocks it out of the park and their sampler program is a great value.

I’ve been very happy with most the Stirling products (dunno so much much bay rum as a smell as not sure for me but the soap still very good performer)

Island man - my overall favourite and I’ve bought quite a few of each pucks aftershaves and edt

Margaritas. In the arctic - it’s a bit of fun especially doubling up with the aftershave

Mountain Man - it’s richer sort of scent

Executive Man - just sampled this one - the soap lathers as different tallow - but it’s still good…. It seemed to be wetter : slicker - nice light scent

Now onto Piacenza —- I’ll recommend in advance of receipt … I’m guessing that it’s gonna be awesome - the full size shave soap and Aftershave currently on their way - not tried it but couldn’t resist ordering it …. At least being honest and can’t wait 😝

Last edited:
THANK YOU ALL for responding! My shopping cart is now full and with all of your suggestions, my sample pack is at 10! lol I figured I would get the soaps and aftershave samples. Might as well, right?! I did get the Ozark Mountains set and LOVE IT! Idk what it is about that scent, as I'm still learning all this, but I just like it. So I'm looking forward to trying all these out! Thanks, again!

rod does great soaps.
here are some of mine.
you really can't go wrong with any selection.
enjoy your shaves!

stirling soaps.jpg

Personally I don't love Stirling in terms of performance but my best friend absolutely swears by the brand.
For scents:
South Padre
Sandpiper
Executive Man

....those are insta-adds IMO and have been in my den for ages.

My brother loves Boat Drinks for a summer scent. My aforementioned Stirling lover friend also swears by Haverford (which I 2nd actually... plus it's a cool nod to Parks and Rec if that's your thing)

Glacial Electric Sheep- Out of the four Glacial soaps I tried, this one actually brought tears to my eyes.
Glacial Strawberry Lemonade- Not as chilling as Electric Sheep, but it's so delightfully fruity. I put a small dab of this balm on my fingers and couldn't stop sniffing them.
Also I enjoyed Stirling's Black Cherry & Orange Chill bath soaps. I still have six pucks of their shave soaps to use up before I branch out for other scents.

Top Bottom