What's new

What was your last “new” shave purchase?

Just ordered the ATT Windsor Satin head and SSR1 baseplate. Been drooling over these for a few weeks and just decided to pull the trigger. Will go well on the Kronos handle I already have.

I just received my order from Stirling Soaps:

Baker Street soap sample
Piacenza soap sample
Scots Pine Sheep soap sample

Piacenza aftershave sample
Baker Street aftershave sample
Stirling Spice aftershave sample
Arkadia aftershave sample

A 4oz jar containing 100g of Unrefined Shea Butter

Just ordered, waiting to be deliver to me most probably latest next Wednesday.
1) Muhle shaving bowl stainless steel
2) Muhle Shaving Soap ǀ Sea Buckthorn
3) Muhle Shaving Soap ǀ Sandalwood

L’Occitane shaving soap and balm while at Disney world.
IMG_20200220_171919.jpg

I spent around $350 USD for my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB. If I shave with it daily for the next 20 years, the cost per day is .047/day, or less than a nickel/day. I just spent $75.00 the other night on a sushi dinner. Good food, of course; but a fleeting experience, and the cost per day was $75. I could cite countless examples. Even the most expensive razor is a bargain, IMHO.

Agree 100%. And the Wolfman is an asset.

Don't forget about the money people Enjoy on CARS!

I've edited your post for you :biggrin1:

Please report on how these both perform, I've always been tempted to try their products as they appear very good quality. And that's a lovely soap container.
I'm using them tomorrow and will let you know. Very pricey, the aluminum bowl was $30 US, the soap was $20 and the balm was $35.

Please report on how these both perform, I've always been tempted to try their products as they appear very good quality. And that's a lovely soap container.
I've used the soap and the balm. The soap needed a long load or it was a bit thin after a few minutes. Scent was nice and mostly seemed like cedar. There was great residual slickness. The balm was good and re-hydrating. With a similar cedar scent. My face felt smooth and supple post balm. All in all a DFS.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Picked up a couple lather bowls, I have been using the ceramic one it the front since I started wet-shaving. It works great with small brushes, but want a larger bowl to use with my larger brushes. The Timeless bowl cost 12 bucks and the baby food dish was 2 bucks at a Korean kitchen-mart.

20200221_165739[1].jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Just got my new ATT SE1.

The quality and fit is impressive, this is a very solidly constructed razor. I am using 40 gram titanium handle I made for it's maiden run. SE razors are supposed to have an advantage over DE razors because of the extra thickness of the blade, providing more rigidity.
This is certainly a very rigid razor!
20200221_165401[1].jpg
20200221_165244[1].jpg20200222_155656[1].jpg20200222_155727[1].jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Never tried these before and have been meaning to for some time since the Astra greens didn't work very well for me.
20200301_141841_kindlephoto-74817431.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom