What's new

What was your last “new” shave purchase?

chilseled face ghost town barber AS on the way........

and a muhle razor cover. dont know if I'll use it, but in the odd occasion that I would travel the r103 will be covered.

camo

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Mk1 Piccolo

20200201_125242 (2).jpg

Two purchases today...

- Timeless Aluminum razor (scratch & dent)
- Personna Med Prep blades (100)

Both should arrive sometime next week.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
"Lithe" razor head from WCS. For five bucks, why not? Interesting "tent" design from Charcoal Goods, and a reasonably good shaver.

My last new purchase was a PAA scuttle. That scuttle has changed my shaves for the better. I decided to go with a "middle of the road" scuttle instead of a high-end or low-end and I am really glad that I did. That warm lather is perfect for this time of the year.

Tony Miller horse hide and linen strop.

Attachments

• 9B59B260-165C-44EE-ABF1-5D3BE5FE190C.jpeg
    9B59B260-165C-44EE-ABF1-5D3BE5FE190C.jpeg
    699 KB · Views: 8
Order from Stirling coming next week: Executive Man Eau de Toilette, Sharp Dressed Man Eau de Toilette, 2 band Synthetic brush, Sheep Shave soap and a bath bar of Evie for the Mrs.

All came in this past week:

-Vielong Horsehair brush - my first experience with that (ugh) “new animal hair brush smell”.

-Fine American Blend aftershave - my first full bottle of aftershave after playing around with samples.

-Ikon X3 slant razor head/ Bulldog handle. For some reason you can buy them new but separate on the Bay for cheaper (a combined fifty bucks shipped) than just buying the fully assembled razor. I’m using a straight razor at home, but wanted a two-piece DE I could take on travel/ use at home when time is of the essence.

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My Viking Chieftain razor with 5 Viking mild blades.
View attachment 1063254
x
@BobbyB , the Vikings Blade Chieftain is a very beautiful razor, the packaging is superb. The leather case with mirror is a nice addition. The packaging is the best part.

The only reason I keep mine is to remind me to watch out for overpriced razors that get little mention here at B&B.

My advice is to ditch the supplied "mild" blades and try BIC Chrome's. They are the only blades that worked in mine.

For the $40 you probably spent on the Chieftain you could have gotten a Gillette Heritage. Or go to Marshalls and get a MÜHLE marked down for $15, and get a Fatip OC for $20............YMMV

Just my 2 cents

Blackland Vector (polished) ordered couple days ago; probably a week+ wait before shipping though. My first purchase of an SE razor of any kind (I've borrowed SE razors from friends in the past so have at least minimal use with AC-style).

editDSC_9699.jpg

I spent around $350 USD for my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB. If I shave with it daily for the next 20 years, the cost per day is .047/day, or less than a nickel/day. I just spent $75.00 the other night on a sushi dinner. Good food, of course; but a fleeting experience, and the cost per day was $75. I could cite countless examples. Even the most expensive razor is a bargain, IMHO.

Don't forget about the money people waste on CARS!

@BobbyB , the Vikings Blade Chieftain is a very beautiful razor, the packaging is superb. The leather case with mirror is a nice addition. The packaging is the best part.

The only reason I keep mine is to remind me to watch out for overpriced razors that get little mention here at B&B.

My advice is to ditch the supplied "mild" blades and try BIC Chrome's. They are the only blades that worked in mine.

For the $40 you probably spent on the Chieftain you could have gotten a Gillette Heritage. Or go to Marshalls and get a MÜHLE marked down for $15, and get a Fatip OC for $20............YMMV

Just my 2 cents
The Viking blades are working for me. I have used Bic Chrome blades with great results with my sample of two. If you have any would you be willing to swap some Bics for Personnas?

Top Bottom