What's new

What was your last “new” shave purchase?

Why thank you! It’s my first modern Razor. Which head do you have?

It’s a bullet razor stand and can be purchased from here -

Executive Shaving Company Bullet Razor Stand - https://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/executive-shaving-company-bullet-razor-stand?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8z9mTMlEcmWoCgtujBVh0kWYFFKVEiShbA_1UFGiXE6y-V3uCzj7WYaAietEALw_wcB

I think it may be their own Stand.
Thanks for the reply and info on the stand.
I'm a collector and own and use quite a few different razors both modern and vintage but at the moment I'm using a Fatip Grande that is gold plated Fatip has
Greatly improved the plating on their razors over the years.But stand would be for my Game Changer OC .84 photos to
Follow.
20191027_185306.jpg
[ATTA
20191208_015514.jpg

Thanks for the reply and info on the stand.
I'm a collector and own and use quite a few different razors both modern and vintage but at the moment I'm using a Fatip Grande that is gold plated Fatip has
Greatly improved the plating on their razors over the years.But stand would be for my Game Changer OC .84 photos to
Follow. View attachment 1055958[ATTAView attachment 1055960
The stands suits the razor well.

Very nice. Fatip appear to have been getting a lot of love on here recently.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The newest additions to my collection has been two very fine Silver Tip Badger brushes.

An Omega 618 that is my absolute favorite brush. It is the perfect size for me for everyday shaving, builds a fantastic lather, is very soft with just enough backbone.

I had heard that the listed dimensions for Simpson brushes can vary a bit, and my Simpson PJ2 is a bit smaller than I prefer for daily use, which makes it more or less an extremely fine travel brush.

20200103_152406 (2).jpg

A 1948 or 49 Gillette SS. It's the most forgiving of my DE razors when paired with a Derby Premium blade. I can be aggressive in the handling, whether intentionally or unintentionally, and very rarely get nicks. Although it doesn't look like much, with the nickel plating wearing off on the handle, and 70+ years of patina elsewhere, it's my new "old reliable"

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Actually, I have a number of vintage razors. I have a Gillette 195 adjustable now known as a Fat Boy that I bought for $1.95 when I first started shaving. Since then I have purchased a number of vintage razors including a Red Tip, Aristocrat, etc.

Why this razor? The craftsmanship is incredible. To me, it is a piece of art. The shave is the best of any of my razors. It's the same reason why a lady may spend $2,000 for a Louis Vuitton handbag or a man spend $6,000+ for a Rolex watch, etc.
I spent around $350 USD for my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB. If I shave with it daily for the next 20 years, the cost per day is .047/day, or less than a nickel/day. I just spent $75.00 the other night on a sushi dinner. Good food, of course; but a fleeting experience, and the cost per day was $75. I could cite countless examples. Even the most expensive razor is a bargain, IMHO.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
New "Lithe" razor head from WCS. A refined, mild, heavily-chromed Zamak head for those in search of an easy, civilized shave. Out of stock now, the Lithe is priced at about $10, making it a very good deal, indeed.

WCS rates the head as "mild/mid-aggressive," and states that it was designed exclusively for them by Charcoal Goods. Here's a photo link from WCS: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2...-by-charcoal-goods-3_584x751.jpg?v=1574987762

I've mounted mine on a WCS S/S handle, resulting in a fine shaver that's earned its way into my admittedly modest rotation, thanks to its easy-to-find sweet spot.

Looking for a good twenty buck razor that punches above its weight? A Lithe head mated to a WCS handle just might do it for you.

Last edited:
2 bottles Nivea Men Deep Comfort aftershave, 2 bottles Nivea Men Protect & Care aftershave. Most Nivea products are this week 1 + 1 free. Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling was not in stock, so I'll for them later this week.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Bought this Oneblade Core just before Christmas and was very impressed for only $19.95 with blades, if your have skin issues I would strongly recommend this mild razor. I use it with a modified Gem blade and that is a great combination IMO with a 3 pass shave. The FHS-10 blade is good for a couple of shaves and then drops off quickly for sharpness and gets tossed.
One blade 1 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I got a stick of Lea a couple of weeks ago in Spain.
Not readily available in the US. Definitely not available here for €1.20

I got a stick of Lea a couple of weeks ago in Spain.
Not readily available in the US. Definitely not available here for €1.20

I love the scent and convenience of the LEA shave sticks. They are such great value for money too!

Yesterday I took delivery of a rather expensive new Razor but having had one shave already, I can tell it's going to be a firm favourite. The Rockwell 6S. I used R3 and a new Crystal Israeli blade and enjoyed a fantastically smooth BBS shave. I can see me sticking with R3 but I will naturally experiment with the other base plates.

proxy.php

Top Bottom