What's new

What was your last “new” shave purchase?

Game Changer 0.68 paired with an iKon OSS handle.

1579863642837.png

I shaved with it for the first time last night. Beautiful shave!

For razors it is complicated
I bought the broman 2 years ago but it was the last to show up still I do like the razor a lot.
the one before that was the focus dynamic r50 which I also like but the broman wins. in stirlings uk sale I had some samples performance wise I am sure that they deliver and scent wise....
Tsuka smells nice but what?
Lavender could be a bit more lavender
Lime could be less candy sweet.
I added some extra menthol to the mentholated lime asb to make it more glacial....

My last two purchases that I've received (Rudy Vey is still working on a brush) were the Yaqi Knight razor head--super aggressive and not my favorite, but I only spent $6 including shipping so I don't feel ripped off, and a silicone collapsible lather bowl that was marked as a dog food bowl for $2.50. It works remarkably well and provides a million dollars in lather.

I’ve been seeing that razor floating around here a lot. What’s the details? I especially love the short handle, and the way Bronze develops patina.
They are machined in the US from solid C954 bronze and are available in solid bar or open comb versions. While the blade gap is only .38 I find the razor to be efficient. I could liken it to a red tip Super Speed.

My last two purchases that I've received (Rudy Vey is still working on a brush) were the Yaqi Knight razor head--super aggressive and not my favorite, but I only spent $6 including shipping so I don't feel ripped off, and a silicone collapsible lather bowl that was marked as a dog food bowl for $2.50. It works remarkably well and provides a million dollars in lather.
Just the thought of our hobby taking us down the pet accessories aisle in a store for a travel dog food bowl is pure comedy. Geez we are like a bunch of animals lol. I’m glad it works good though!

Just received these two lovelies from Maggard Razors yesterday!
Looking forward to my next shave,... but which one to dive into first???

1579879967035.png
Maggard Razors "Groves of Italy" Artisan Soap

1579880006051.png

Barrister & Mann "Le Grand Chypre" Excelsior Base

Last edited:
Actually, I have a number of vintage razors. I have a Gillette 195 adjustable now known as a Fat Boy that I bought for $1.95 when I first started shaving. Since then I have purchased a number of vintage razors including a Red Tip, Aristocrat, etc.

Why this razor? The craftsmanship is incredible. To me, it is a piece of art. The shave is the best of any of my razors. It's the same reason why a lady may spend $2,000 for a Louis Vuitton handbag or a man spend $6,000+ for a Rolex watch, etc.
I love your analysis and the way it's stated
Very well put my friend.

Hey gents. What was the last shave product you guys bought that you had never used before? (Be it a new blade, razor, soap, aftershave, brush, brush stand, shave bowl, etc.) And, are you glad you purchased that particular item, or are you suffering from buyers remorse? Let’s hear your thoughts. I figured this could be a fun discussion. My last “new” purchase was my 1961 NOS 195 adjustable “fat boy”. I love this razor as much as my 1946 Gillette aristocrat, and in some ways more so. It’s a real game changer in my den.

Williams Mug Soap. I actually bought it with everything else in Nov 18, but it's the last of those products I used. I bought only 24 more pucks on New Year's for the 2020s Sabbatical.

I have a Van Der Hagen Razor, a Cremo horsehair brush, Astra SP blades and Mennen Skin Bracer. I do have some Gillette Wilkinson blades I'll open for the 2030s.

In my opinion, I have the best setup money can buy.

Will you be able to keep it looking just like
It does now or will it take on the Classic
Antique look which is also Stunning &
Flat-out gorgeous.
If I want to keep polishing it I can maintain the bright finish. There is no plating to wear through..

What stand is that and where did you
Purchase it from. By the way you have
An impressive looking setup there, I also
Have a Game Changer and find it to be a
Very high quality razor.

Why thank you! It’s my first modern Razor. Which head do you have?

It’s a bullet razor stand and can be purchased from here -

Executive Shaving Company Bullet Razor Stand - https://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/executive-shaving-company-bullet-razor-stand?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8z9mTMlEcmWoCgtujBVh0kWYFFKVEiShbA_1UFGiXE6y-V3uCzj7WYaAietEALw_wcB

I think it may be their own Stand.

Top Bottom