What's new

What was your first shaving cream?

GFT Coconut Oil Shaving Cream. It was a long time ago.
$image.jpeg

Last edited:
Palmolive. Although I prefer the shave stick, I'll buy a tube of the cream every so often, albeit more for nostalgia reasons than performance.

TOBS Rose. There was a great deal on some with free shipping on eBay back when I was first starting. I liked it and Arko about the same, and Arko cost less. I haven't bought any TOBS since.

My first one is Proraso green and TOBS Avocado.
After trying DR Harris, I think I will never back Proraso creams.
TOBS performs better but irritates my skin.

My first non-canned cream was TOBS Sandalwood... in love with the scent and helped hook me into wet shaving

My first cream was TOBS Sandlewood. It lathered easy but I did not care for the scent. I know, I know. What is wrong with me for not liking Sandlewood. Just don't like the scent! Besides, scents are all subjective.

Crabtree and Evelyn Sandalwood this was a gift from my wife when we first started dating around 15 years ago and about 9 years before I started traditional shaving. I had zero idea how to use it and remembered thinking "this stuff doesnt work for beans" after I had reached into the tub and attempted to smear an enormous dollop onto my face using my hands. 9 years later I discovered the pleasure of lathering with a brush and remembered I had this stashed away in my bedroom closet. The experience was that followed was considerably better! I actually still have that tub, think I might break it out tomorrow!

Mine was AOS Unscented. Lathered nicely & felt good. It was part of an AOS 4 piece starter kit. The cream was great, but the brush they included to apply it with was brutal. But that's another thread.

Top Bottom