What's new

What was your first concert?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Without my parents (or anyone else's): The Judy's, Lamar University, 1984 (I think--could have been '85)

With my parents: I think it was Jerry Jeff Walker some time around 1976.

I suppose it also depends on what is a "concert." My folks took me out to see live music when I barely fit in a stroller. I'm defining "concert" as an event where there was a ticket and the band's or artist's name was what was printed on the ticket.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I hate to admit it, but probably the Jackson Brothers reunion tour. Then The Who, Stones, Page, Floyd, Alice Cooper, Allman Brothers, and a few others I’m missing.

First classical was Carmiba Burana 1990.
First rock or popular Marrianne Faithful 2015. Both truly wonderful.

George Strait in ‘92 or ‘93, in Anaheim. I was still in high school and went with a much older (to me, anyway, I think she was in her 20’s) woman I was infatuated with. She was a friend’s girlfriend. We got high as a kite afterwards.

Thanks for the awesome memory. 🙂

Genesis, 1978. I'll still have the sweatshirt I bought then. When I look at it I think " wow, did this really fit me" 😎🤔

Acker Bilk. (Sorry gor the spelling).Around the 1972 mark. Dad took me & my brother as he was on child care duties.

Judas Priest supported by Iron Maiden, 1979, in Glasgow Apollo.
My first taste of independence from a pretty oppressive upbringing,
so it's fair to say it was a powerful and lasting experience.

Tickets £5.50. Tickets, train and a bag of chips from Mr Chips next door for less than a tenner.
Rab Halford could sing back then. I mean he could really sing.

My dad thought guys like that were devil worshippers so I went without his knowledge.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
KISS - Madison Square Garden...December 15th, 1977...I was in 5th grade. It was the Kiss Alive II tour. My Dad took my older brother, a friend of his and me. It was hilarious...everyone was pointing at my Dad and saying, "Look at the old man at the KISS concert!" Even he was laughing. We left a little early to beat the crowd and the traffic. My Dad loved us very much. I was the KISS fan. We were all deaf as we walked back to the car.

I believe my first was Black Sabbath and Mountain (because the Steppenwolf concert, the week earlier, was sold-out).
To me, Mountain put on a much more impressive show than Black Sabbath.

Top Bottom