What's new

What was your dinner?

I made soup tonight. I had never made soup before. We had ham on Christmas and I had the shank left over with lots of meat on it. So, I made Split Pea Soup. Pretty simple actually. All you do is saute some chopped onions, celery and carrots in a little butter in a large pot, add the peas, some marjoram and water. Drop the entire ham shank in there, bring it to a boil and let it cook stirring often for 70 minutes. You take the shank out and trim off the good meat and dice it and set it aside. You then take the soup mixture and puree it in a food processor until nice and smooth. Put it all back in the pot, add the diced ham, salt and pepper to taste and voile. Big thumbs up from both the wife and my son. In fact, I believe I heard the words "delicious" and "mmmmmmm" several times. And the kid is a foodie. Has no problem telling me when something I made sucked. Fortunately I don't hear that very often.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hit Kroger an hour before closing on Christmas Eve. Got a heck of a deal. Cut it up into four steaks, and had with cauliflower and broccoli.

EEFFA8C9-E507-4B49-B789-FE0BE8C2945A.jpeg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Christmas dinner at mom and dad’s was fajita tacos and nachos.
Mom wasn’t feeling 100% and we didn’t get there til after 6pm.
Lunch at the in laws was turkey, brisket, rice, beans, and veggies.
Believe it or not: there was not a single tamale to be had.

Lunch Christmas Day was Egg Benedict in a small café in Stanley Plaza, Hong Kong, which just hit the spot. Dinner went to a very average tapas place in Lan Kwai Fong, although it did serve an excellent Catalan gin tonica.

I went through there last night on my way to mainland. Talking with some HKG friends at dinner, it seems like most of the protesting has subsided for now.

There were some clashes in Kowloon on 24 and 25, but we stayed well clear of there. It was very noticeable how much quieter everywhere was, and certainly HKIA was much less busy than usual. We flew back on an A380, barely half full so that was good(!)

Top Bottom