What's new

What was your carry today?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Today I was safety aware so it is the Hopkins & Allen 'Safety Police'. TTBOMK it was never adopted by have major police departments but like the S&W 'Army Special' advertising works.

Attachments

• H&A---Pico-01small.jpg
    H&A---Pico-01small.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 10
Shoulder rig: F.N. FNX-45. Loaded with Speer Gold Dots, 230 grain. The other side of the rig holds two more 15-round magazines.

Kahr PM45 in an ankle rig. Loaded with Speer Gold Dots, 230 grain. One spare magazine on the top of the holster, sewn on top of where the slide goes.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
For the longest time before I retired, my favorite, most comfortable mode of carry, was my Glock 19 in a Uncle Mike’s size 15 IWB holster.

279C48E4-0FDC-41D5-B92E-682BFA36C108.jpeg

I had been doing this quite happily, for well over 20 years. I am one of the few, who like Uncle Mike’s holsters, as most other concealed carry people, for some reason, do not appreciate the close, soft, comfortable, and ease of carry the Uncle Mike’s brand of IWB holsters provides.

A few years ago, I picked up the smaller Glock 43X and put a Streamlight TLR-6 laser/light combo underneath it’s barrel and slide.

76AC42A1-1DC5-48CC-848F-B565F48BA3E5.jpeg

Since my retirement, it has become my main EDC most days, pushing my Glock 19, 23 and G30, to the very back of the gun safe.

For the last several years, I have been carrying my 43X in a OWB leather holster and opposite side double mag pouch set up by Mitch Rosen.

7A3F3B17-201A-4C96-B98E-CBA183CA131C.jpeg

It’s very comfortable and secure to wear concealed and it was custom made in order to fit my pistol with the attached light/laser combo.

Well, as of lately it’s been getting colder with the onset of the fall season and I have been wearing different waist length jackets that zip up and hug the waistband and hips. Not good if one is trying to stay concealed without the bottom of the holster leather and mag pouch poking out from underneath.

I have been looking very extensively, spending a lot of time and energy as of late, trying to find an kydex holster maker, who makes an comfortable IWB holster for a G43X with an attached light/laser combo.
I don’t know if there isn’t alot of demand for kydex holsters for light bearing pistols or what, but I haven’t been able to find a name brand maker who does?

So I thought to myself, I have been happily carrying a G19 in an Uncle Mike’s for over 20 years, I wonder if they make one of their cheap, soft IWB holsters for my G43X? Well, good news was, yes they do, the bad news? Not with an attached Streamlight TLR-6 they don’t.
All I could think about was
how good all those years of carrying my Compact Glocks in that cheap little Uncle Mike’s size 15 holster was.

Then I had an sudden epiphany. My 9mm G19 compact fits the size 15 UM’s, it also fits the Compact G23 and G30 I also have.

744EA4FF-1E1B-447A-9033-5510673D6246.jpeg

FCCFCD1A-3BD2-4BC5-AE36-924D732E2E66.jpeg

Would it? Could it? Also fit the size 15 UM’s IWB holster? I mean, the others are all compact’s, this little G43X is a sub or even considered a micro compact? It won’t fit, it’s just too small and thin?

But I wonder, would the extra heft, width and size of the added Streamlight TLR-6 light/laser combo give it enough width and length to fill the compact sized holster?

Yes indeed…. Perfect fit! :)

27548E3A-BBB8-4525-9571-84D6130074B6.jpeg

Carried it all day under a light jacket. It was so comfortable, I forgot I had it on! Carried an extra mag in my front left jeans pocket stuffed with Speer Gold Dot 124 Gr. +P. :)

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Went back to the 1941 ex-EG VoPo JP Sauer & Sohns 38h in an OWB holster from High Noon Holsters. It's still one of the most pleasant handguns to shoot I've been lucky enough to own. Since it was refinished at sometime after WWII when it was issued in one of at least two armories it looks better than the 1942 straight military one but not all the parts are matching numbers. The locking block carries a slightly different number than all the other pieces parts.
800.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Went back to the 1941 ex-EG VoPo JP Sauer & Sohns 38h in an OWB holster from High Noon Holsters. It's still one of the most pleasant handguns to shoot I've been lucky enough to own. Since it was refinished at sometime after WWII when it was issued in one of at least two armories it looks better than the 1942 straight military one but not all the parts are matching numbers. The locking block carries a slightly different number than all the other pieces parts.View attachment 1363317
I'm suffering from some serious gun lust my friend!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I'm suffering from some serious gun lust my friend!
I really like the 38h's. I don't know of another concealed hammer handgun with a lever that both cocks and decocks the internal hammer.

My other one is from 1942 and shows the typical war finish machining marks.

42-800.jpg

It had a very short service life. It came from the estate of a US soldier who served in North Africa and Italy and was most likely acquired during the 1943 campaign. It carries the correct Waffenampt and all parts match. Other than original machining marks it seems near pristine.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Went small and lighter.

Changed out to my Walther Model 4 post-WWI commercial finish made in 1923. The big difference is the bluing and that the slide serrations are finer and more numerous than on the wartime versions. The wartime versions had fewer and wider cuts to reduce machining costs and time since the goal was to produce as many examples as fast as possible. In all Walther produced over a half million Model 4 after its 1910 introduction and production continued right up until the introduction of the Walther PP in 1929.

The Model 4 was a great example of Walther's commitment to maintaining quality but at the same time limiting any retooling simply to meet the wartime demand. The Model 4 is simply the Model 3 but the grip cutout extended to allow a larger magazine and the longest slide possible on the existing machinery. To accommodate a longer barrel the Model 3 bayonet end cap was replace with a longer stamped steel extension.

Since no new machinery was required to make the Model 4 Walther by farming out frame manufacture could rapidly ramp up production to meet the Prussian Army's initial order and yet after the war was in a better position to return to the commercial civilian market. At the wars end they simply moved all frame production back in-house and fancied up the finish and detailing.

The gun is a concealed internal hammer fired 8+1 magazine 7.65mm (32acp) pocket pistol with the then common heel release. It is single action with a thumb operated positive safety that locks the seer located on the left rear side of the frame. It was more reliable than the P08 as well as smaller, lighter, effective at the trench warfare distances and because it's fixed barrel design super accurate. Two handed rapid fire and at 7 yards I've put all 9 shots into a group less than two inches across.

Not often I must admit.

M4-P38-small.jpg
M4-PP-small.jpg

6-small.jpg

Walther Model 4 apart-small.jpg

That holster looks great. I have a few Milt Sparks (my favorite) but have not had any made with the exotic leathers. I think I need to change that.
I normally don’t do the exotic stuff either but this one popped up on their “In Stock” page so I went ahead and got it. It’s black rough out leather for the body and shark for the trim.

Top Bottom