What's new

What was your carry today?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm too lazy to look it up: what is the barrel length on the 43x?

3.41 inches.

If I ever figger I'm smart enough to carry a semiautomatic I need a gun AT LEAST as ugly, er, utilitarian looking as my Ruger revolvers lol!

I think the Ruger GP100 is a handsome looking revolver! But what do I know, I think the Glock looks bitchin' also! :)

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
3.41 inches.

If I ever figger I'm smart enough to carry a semiautomatic I need a gun AT LEAST as ugly, er, utilitarian looking as my Ruger revolvers lol!

I think the Ruger GP100 is a handsome looking revolver! But what do I know, I think the Glock looks bitchin' also! :)
[/QUOTE]
That's a good length, tho I am much better with a carbine length barrel!

My GP is my "macho" gun: it even looks tough in the safe!

I'm thinking my next gun is going to be a Ruger LCR in 9mm with the half moon clips.....THEN a nice little semi auto.

I feel like G. Gordon Liddy: "It's about time for Mrs Liddy (or Mrs Tanned Farmer in this case!) to buy another gun!"

I miss his radio show, dang it.

OkieStubble

I'm thinking my next gun is going to be a Ruger LCR in 9mm with the half moon clips.....THEN a nice little semi auto.

I feel like G. Gordon Liddy: "It's about time for Mrs Liddy (or Mrs Tanned Farmer in this case!) to buy another gun!"

[/QUOTE]

I think you are an undercover genius Dave! Most small snubbies are shooting .38's. The .357's are brutal in smaller lightweight pistols. I think getting a bit more power with the 9mm in that lightweight LCR instead of .38's, would be exactly what the doctor ordered when looking for a tactical, short barreled revolver.

1. More power than a .38.

2. Shorter and lighter cartridge than the .38

3. Shorter case means faster to eject on the reload.

4. A couple of extra moon clips in the pocket, means doing away with speed loaders and speed strips.

5. Is 9mm, cheaper to buy and/or easier to find then .38 right now?

I also miss his radio show! :)

Now I'm online shopping small revolvers. Dang it! ;)

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I think you are an undercover genius Dave! Most small snubbies are shooting .38's. The .357's are brutal in smaller lightweight pistols. I think getting a bit more power with the 9mm in that lightweight LCR instead of .38's, would be exactly what the doctor ordered when looking for a tactical, short barreled revolver.

1. More power than a .38.

2. Shorter and lighter cartridge than the .38

3. Shorter case means faster to eject on the reload.

4. A couple of extra moon clips in the pocket, means doing away with speed loaders and speed strips.

5. Is 9mm, cheaper to buy and/or easier to find then .38 right now?

I also miss his radio show! :)
[/QUOTE]
Wait till my wife reads your response! She will guffaw at the idea of me having any genius in me, but I'm SLOWLY wearing her down on the whole "one more gun" theory...

I admit that my needs are such that I'm not really ACTIVELY searching out ammo, and I normally shoot the hand friendly .38s out of my LCR .357, but I'm only seeing shotgun and rifle rounds on the shelves... another case of 50% panic buyers, 25% new gun owners, and 25% folks with more dollars than sense buying everything in sight.

And yes, I made up those figgers. Y'all cain't expect a man of my limited time and math skillz to actually have anything better than Guvmint type research can ya?

OkieStubble

0D9C8C5B-11BE-4773-9611-3AF54CA1E999.jpeg

I'm from the Netherlands and could someone tell me why someone would want to carry a sidearm?
For the one in a millon chance one might get robbed?

Finding myself more inclined to pick a revolver for EDC these days. This most recent acquisition will see a goodly amount of use for sure.
3C7B33BD-19B3-471E-94BA-816298C98C3E.jpeg

@street
The legal use and ownership of firearms is (and has been) a huge part of American culture for centuries. That, if for no other reason, is why Americans carry firearms.
I occasionally ponder why some other cultures partake in the behavior and activities which they do, only simply to come to the conclusion that it’s representative of their lifestyle…and that is fine with me.

For the same reason one wears a seatbelt, owns a fire extinguisher or has insurance.
Because we can.
Great avater.:biggrin1:

And the probability is diminished further when you do. Have that conversation with the unarmed victims and the roughly 2000 daily self defense users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do believe in the right to protect yourself.At all costs if neccesary.But the murderrate in the US doesn't back it up.
If the USA would have an extremely low rate of firearms related crime I would be all for it.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I'm from the Netherlands and could someone tell me why someone would want to carry a sidearm?
For the one in a millon chance one might get robbed?
Because when that one in a million oh poop moment hits I want to be able to protect myself and my family. I figure in an armed conflict I have a better chance armed than I would going hands on with an armed subject(s).

Great avater.:biggrin1:
But would

I do believe in the right to protect yourself.At all costs if neccesary.But the murderrate in the US doesn't back it up.

The murder rate is a drug problem. It is really unassociated with firearms. Firearms and laws would have no effect. If laws were the solution there would be no drug problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The Netherlands the last few years stabbings have been rocketing skyhigh.
Especially amoung young kids/ children.
But I don't think carrying a blade would make me feel much safer.
The police and government must fix this.

That's probably the biggest difference between America and Europe.
We believe ( or should I say hope) governments will take care of this.
In America people like to take care of things themselves.

Top Bottom