What's new

What was your carry today?

I have had FTF w them the three times I have taken them to the range. A thing that has never happened w OEM mags. Won't be testing them any more now (will keep them loaded), better w reliable OEM stuff (G19).
Glad to hear some different experiences! Definitely trust your own testing! Can I ask, did you run them in the G48 or the G43X? I don’t think it would make a difference, just curious what route people went if they purchased either of those firearms, which they prefered? I already had the G43 so I went with the G48 over the 43X. Also the G19 was my edc for years, and still gets carried from time to time, just can’t beat How slim the G48 is comparitively. It’s what works for me anyways.

Glad to hear some different experiences! Definitely trust your own testing! Can I ask, did you run them in the G48 or the G43X? I don’t think it would make a difference, just curious what route people went if they purchased either of those firearms, which they prefered? I already had the G43 so I went with the G48 over the 43X. Also the G19 was my edc for years, and still gets carried from time to time, just can’t beat How slim the G48 is comparitively. It’s what works for me anyways.
I tried it w both. Failed x2-3 w 43 and once w 48 (I tested more the 43x). Kept them loaded for at least 4w before trying them. Choked w round nose 124 Nato Winchester and 115 Magtech. JHP's worked (the few I tried given current conditions).

I tried it w both. Failed x2-3 w 43 and once w 48 (I tested more the 43x). Kept them loaded for at least 4w before trying them. Choked w round nose 124 Nato Winchester and 115 Magtech. JHP's worked (the few I tried given current conditions).
Interesting, bummer to hear they don’t work without failures for you! I see on their website they offer +10% magazine springs that are recommended for the early 43X and 48. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ But of course it’s exactly what we all want to do though, spend more money on a magazine we already paid $40 for. Lol 😂

Interesting, bummer to hear they don’t work without failures for you! I see on their website they offer +10% magazine springs that are recommended for the early 43X and 48. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ But of course it’s exactly what we all want to do though, spend more money on a magazine we already paid $40 for. Lol 😂
Interesting, I did not check that again...... Mine are not of their first batch, placed an order on Brow and waited a while.
So they sold those mags and now sell springs to fix them....interesting..... (ethics) .
These did fail on the 2-5th rounds of a full mag.
Suspecting it was a "weak" spring I tried them extensively w 2 and 1 rounds in them and they never failed.

Interesting, I did not check that again...... Mine are not of their first batch, placed an order on Brow and waited a while.
So they sold those mags and now sell springs to fix them....interesting..... (ethics) .
Suspecting it was a "weak" spring I tried them extensively w 2 and 1 rounds in them and they never failed.
That’s helpful information! I will be sure to do some more testing on them to make sure I don’t run into any issues. I’ll be sure to pay attention to those early rounds in the mag. Thank you!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

That’s helpful information! I will be sure to do some more testing on them to make sure I don’t run into any issues. I’ll be sure to pay attention to those early rounds in the mag. Thank you!

Interesting conversation. So, to be clear, Shield Arms is offering the 10% springs for their first Gen S-15 mags? Or for Glock first Gen 43X and 48?

Interesting conversation. So, to be clear, Shield Arms is offering the 10% springs for their first Gen S-15 mags? Or for Glock first Gen 43X and 48?
The way I understand it, it is to put in their magazines if you have a first Gen G43X or 48. Here’s a screenshot from their website:
CD1CE5FC-4B17-4702-ADEB-B0462F047F5A.jpeg

Hope this helps! Have a great day y’all!

The way I understand it, it is to put in their magazines if you have a first Gen G43X or 48. Here’s a screenshot from their website:
View attachment 1126245
Hope this helps! Have a great day y’all!
Just to follow up: my 48 is fairly new (this year) and used a 43 slide as 43x (which is probably half of the run). Both OEM nothing fancy at all (just tritium sights in the 43). It was clean and lubricated as recommended by them. Shot 147, 124 and 115 different brands.

Today I stayed home but am carrying around 10 extra pounds from Covid-19. Strange how none of the health warnings include weight gain from staying home and eating too much. :001_cool:

Oh, I still wear the Ruger LC9s Pro as well. I have to let out my belt a bit now though.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
As often the case in hot weather, J frame Airweight Bodyguard with Barrami Hip-grips.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'll finally bite.

IWB, OWB; they all weigh down my belt - which I'm probably not wearing.

Shoulder holsters rock - in cold weather. So does a chest rig for large pistols.

I need my hands free, and it might be dark. So.

Baldric rig for G17/Streamlight:

full

Yes, it's got thumb snap and a buckle. Sometimes more secure and less speed is good (marine locations).

full

Personally, I swing the rig to the back. Rides where a holstered pistol should, but no tug on your hm, shorts. Nobody wears pants or clothes here in July/August/Covid-19.

And, if you're seen from the front only: just a black cross-body strap. Camera? Man bag? Could be.

AA

I'll finally bite.

IWB, OWB; they all weigh down my belt - which I'm probably not wearing.

Shoulder holsters rock - in cold weather. So does a chest rig for large pistols.

I need my hands free, and it might be dark. So.

Baldric rig for G17/Streamlight:

full

Yes, it's got thumb snap and a buckle. Sometimes more secure and less speed is good (marine locations).

full

Personally, I swing the rig to the back. Rides where a holstered pistol should, but no tug on your hm, shorts. Nobody wears pants or clothes here in July/August/Covid-19.

And, if you're seen from the front only: just a black cross-body strap. Camera? Man bag? Could be.

AA

Do they have an Ewa Marine housing, if you want to take a swim? That’s my dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I had not heard of that grip. Looks pretty cool and minimal. Do they sell a version for lefties?
Not that I know of, the Barrami is no longer produced but available as NOS on the 'bay, DeSantis makes a similar grip, but I don't know of a lefty version.

Top Bottom