What's new

What was your carry today?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Simon,.

Its neither a DS nor a Cobra. It's an Agent.

If my memory serves me correctly, the stocks are Jay Scott. The grip adapter is a Tyler. I don't recall seeing anyone else do them in bronze.

Ahhh, Agent. An early Cobra, but good all the same. Didn't look like yours had the short grip frame, but I'm not up on all of that.

Been having some unusual back muscle problems for the last week (no sex jokes...really :biggrin1:) so been keeping things light. Colt Cobra in the Bomber jacket pocket, stoked with Buffalo Bore F.B.I. load. That's one thing about a wheelgun...you can fire it from a jacket pocket and it won't malfunction.

"Hey, who's that old guy with the revolver? Let's go jack with him and take it."

"Boom."

"Dunno who he was, but it looks like he just blew your whang whang off."

1580181381432.png

Being an old "wheelgun" guy my normal carry is a Ruger SP 101.357Mag.Today a little something different....Just because, I guess....Glock 19.
glock 001.JPG

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The last couple times I've had to shoot some qualifying stuff I've used my Colt Detective Special.

The SIG P365 is easier to shoot, but not by a whole lot, and obviously has higher capacity. The Kahr PM9 is easier to conceal, particularly if tucking in a dress shirt. The PM9 just disappears, very comfortable, you forget that it's there. You always know the P365 is there. I carry all of these IWB, so size really makes a difference. Bottom line, I'd rather have the P365 in a gun fight. But I like carrying a smaller gun more for comfort.
I think Kahr P380 and PM9 are good pocket carry things. 365 is a holster midget IW or OW. I mean Kahrs are also holster things, they ALL are (for me) but they fit in pants pocket

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Kahr PM9 IWB, I have a dinner meeting to go to later this evening, will be wearing a tucked in shirt over said ordinance.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Do you have a say when it comes to duty ammo? I recall that you made mention of carrying 180gr (.40S&W) rounds a few days back ... is 180gr. your department’s issue ammo?

No, not anymore.

Those who are in charge of that now, purchase of LE ammo in bulk. Depending on what sales they find, depends on how much and what kind they buy in bulk, so they have a list of various LE ammunition they allow and will issue several boxes of each brand.

They usually stick to Blazer Brass & Speer Lawman FMJ in 124 and 147 gr in 9mm for training and the same in 165 and 180 gr. for .40 S&W.

For duty ammo, they will stick to the same weights as above, but the brand list is

Speer Gold Dot LE
Federal HST LE
Federal LE Hydra Shok

Winchester Ranger and Speer Lawman were also on that list back in the day when I was over that, but they have removed those now.

Back when.... it was a simple task to decide what duty ammunition was a good choice; find out what the local FBI guys were loaded up with. No fuss, no muss, less work for mother. Easy to defend in court if necessary. What's not to like?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
No, not anymore.

Those who are in charge of that now, purchase of LE ammo in bulk. Depending on what sales they find, depends on how much and what kind they buy in bulk, so they have a list of various LE ammunition they allow and will issue several boxes of each brand.

They usually stick to Blazer Brass & Speer Lawman FMJ in 124 and 147 gr in 9mm for training and the same in 165 and 180 gr. for .40 S&W.

For duty ammo, they will stick to the same weights as above, but the brand list is

Speer Gold Dot LE
Federal HST LE
Federal LE Hydra Shok

Winchester Ranger and Speer Lawman were also on that list back in the day when I was over that, but they have removed those now.
I try and buy "LE" when I can find it. About half the cost of the 20 round boxes! I think (in the case of Federal) the "S" descriptor in the part # stands for Sucker... :lol:

Glock 35 with one extra 15 round magazine (loaded to 14).
Speer Gold Dot 180 Gr.
Custom Carry Concepts AIWB Kydex Holster with Pull the Dot Loops
Rafter S leather mag pouch
Rafter S leather light pouch w Surefire/Laser Products 6P (circa 1992), refit with Malkoff M61 400+Lumens LED head.

Top Bottom