What's new

What was your carry today?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
View attachment 1053547View attachment 1053548

Traveling light, no holster required. S&W Airweight Bodygard augmented with a Tyler T-Grip and Barhami Hip Grips. This allows a fairly secure "Mexican carry" with the grip extension catching the waistband and belt. An added benefit of the Hip Grip, as shown in the second photo, albeit out of focus, is that the extension keeps the trigger finger from being over inserted into the triggergard and places the first pad of the finger where it should be for a proper trigger pull.

Nice. I haven't seen those type of grips in years.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Apparently the Barami Hip Grips have been discontinued, but Desantis makes a Clip Grip that does the same thing and has finger grooves, negating the need for the Tylers T-Grip. J frame only.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
@nortac What is you shooting grip with that light bad boy and +P ammo...support hand thumb over the shooting hand thumb like a semi-auto or support hand thumb over the web of your shooting hand (that would cost you some thumb skin on an auto) to anchor that sucker in?

I use the support hand thumb over the web of the shooting hand with the light revolvers...cost me some skin when I just grabbed a Walther auto and shot at a coyote. Well...let's don't go there.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Apparently the Barami Hip Grips have been discontinued, but Desantis makes a Clip Grip that does the same thing and has finger grooves, negating the need for the Tylers T-Grip. J frame only.

I do like the Tylers...fills in the space behind the trigger guard and doesn't add any bulk to the grip.

View attachment 1053547View attachment 1053548

Traveling light, no holster required. S&W Airweight Bodygard augmented with a Tyler T-Grip and Barhami Hip Grips. This allows a fairly secure "Mexican carry" with the grip extension catching the waistband and belt. An added benefit of the Hip Grip, as shown in the second photo, albeit out of focus, is that the extension keeps the trigger finger from being over inserted into the triggergard and places the first pad of the finger where it should be for a proper trigger pull.
That is cool.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@nortac What is you shooting grip with that light bad boy and +P ammo...support hand thumb over the shooting hand thumb like a semi-auto or support hand thumb over the web of your shooting hand (that would cost you some thumb skin on an auto) to anchor that sucker in?

I use the support hand thumb over the web of the shooting hand with the light revolvers...cost me some skin when I just grabbed a Walther auto and shot at a coyote. Well...let's don't go there.

I don't shoot much +P in my Airweight, it's too painful and accuracy suffers, plus my gun is not +P rated. For practice, I shoot standard velocity .38 Spl factory or reloads with 125 to 130 gr. bullets or some times wadcutters if I shoot a whole bunch. Currently it is loaded with Federal 110 gr. Hydroshocks, but I think I'll be switching those out for some Speer 125 gr. Gold Dots. As for hold, I probably shoot it mostly one handed in practice, or with both thumbs wrapped down if shooting two handed. I never wrap my support thumb over the web of my strong hand.

Today was 642 in the pocket holster. Took it to the range and shot the +p ammunition that has been in it for a while. It is snappy... Can’t believe how accurate these little snubbies are.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Today is my old Sig P230 plus the ever present FN 1906. The Sig is wearing some smooth Hogue shoes.

proxy.php

Very nice. I have a SIG P230 in SS, I would love to find some faux Ivory grips for it!

Top Bottom