What's new

What was your carry today?

Switched out the G42 for the PPK today. Chose stainless over blued this time.

970DFDBE-A26C-40E0-B227-2746E5FF5F07.jpeg

Was also range day hence the switch. Doing better with the PPK, enough to matter. Give it a few weeks and likely another switch.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Self installing a ‘do it yourself’ alarm system from ‘SimpliSafe’. Took out all the old ADT stuff, cuz I’m tired of them dictating contracts and monitoring prices and the many grueling hours it takes just to get and talk with a customer representative on the phone who barely speaks English.

So I purchased my own stuff and can monitor my own system from a mobile app. I can call police myself when notified of an intrusion, I don’t need to pay someone $70 a month to do that for me.

Equipment investment was initially $300, but that’s for 6 window & door sensors, 3 motion detectors, 1 glass break, 1 doorbell with motion camera and speaker, 1 alarm panel and a home base system that sits on a cabinet that ties everything together and monitors and notifies me thru the app. They also tossed in a free, extra indoor/ outdoor security camera.

Anyway, pocket carrying my Ruger LCP II while climbing a dusty bookcase in order to get my living room motion detector up in the corner close to the ceiling. I hope I don’t fall and land on the cat. He’s looking at me like, “I didn’t know humans liked to climb bookcases too?” :)

322D0DBD-F12C-4DF8-BE0A-A674E671BD79.jpeg

OkieStubble

I put a Simple Safe in the new house a couple weeks ago..works great, easy install, and a ton less expensive than ADT.

I got so tired of ADT taking my money waiting on a phone call from them that might not ever happen?

My ADT system notifies them and then they call 911? For $70 a month? No thank you anymore. Now I’m notified myself thru the app and I can call 911 myself. I do pay a minimal fee of $9.99 a month for the use of the app to self monitor the video feeds from the front doorbell camera and the free extra camera they gave me which will be placed in the rear of the Condo covering the back patio and door and yard.

$300 equipment plus $9.99 for the year? $419.88. $70 a month just for monitoring from the other guy? $840 a year. Next year, only $120 a month for the app and video feeds for the cameras and the system has already paid for itself.

OkieStubble

Long time Simply Safe customer. Carried my SIG P365 the last couple of days and today as well.

After carrying a smaller gun, it takes an intentional, conscious decision, to then pick up and carry a larger one, doesn't it? Or am I all alone in this experience? :)

Reactions: ctr

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
After carrying a smaller gun, it takes an intentional, conscious decision, to then pick up and carry a larger one, doesn't it? Or am I all alone in this experience? :)
By larger, you mean one larger than the P365? If so, then yes. I do have difficulty moving myself to carry the G-19 unless I'm wearing really bulky clothing. In warm weather and light clothing, even the P 365 begins to push the boundaries.

OkieStubble

View attachment 1630053

G43
Milt Sparks SS2 Leather
Rockstead knife
SureFire light
Snagmag backup

Ok, I’m really diggin’ the grip tape, the MS Summer Special, the snag mag holder and the knife.

And while I don’t think I have ever seen a Surefire that looks like that before? I’m digging’ it too. How does it work? I can’t tell which end is up in the pic?

Ok, I’m really diggin’ the grip tape, the MS Summer Special, the snag mag holder and the knife.

And while I don’t think I have ever seen a Surefire that looks like that before? I’m digging’ it too. How does it work? I can’t tell which end is up in the pic?

The tapering point with the CE logo and “Caution Hot” text is up. There is a two position titanium pocket clip on the other side which you can’t see, which you clip to your pocket like a knife. The entire flashlight is very high grade and beautifully finished aluminum and there are two triggers to activate the light. The main one for tactical use - is the tactical trigger/button on the bottom of the light, which you can sort of see in the picture. It’s next to impossible to hit it on accident - but push and hold it - and you get a VERY wide and eye meltingly bright 1,000 lumen flood - SureFire is famous for underrating their lumen figures, and they tuned the reflector on this to be ultra wide to provide maximum situational awareness. If you hit that tactical button twice and hold - it activates a 1k lumen strobe light - to dazzle a potential threat - and let me tell you, there is no way I could mount an assault on someone if they had that strobe (or consistent) beam in my direction - day or night.

The right button on the front of the light cycles between an ultra low light beam (for discrete tasks with ridiculously long battery life), a strong/bright beam, and then the full power blast. What’s nice is that you don’t have to cycle through each mode to turn it off like cheaper lights - if you’re on any of the three modes for 2 seconds, clicking that button again turns the light off. The button on the left is a programming button - which allows you to change how the tactical switch works (press and hold or press once and it stays on) as well as the main switch (IE: change from high, medium to low vs the other way around).

The buttons are really well laid out, have a very positive haptic engagement, are nearly impossible to activate on accident (I’ve never done it once) and the entire setup is sleek and exceptionally well made. It commands a premium over the competition - but for a proper EDC tactical light, you really can’t get a better overall package. Depending on which direction you have the pocket clip - it can be clipped onto any brimmed hat, like a cowboy hat or a ball cap, and then you’ve got a headlamp. The pocket clip was designed with this use case in mind - so it’s not an afterthought, it’s held in place like a vault with that clip.

Battery life is exceptional - and as you can see with that covered USB port on the front, it’s rechargeable - so no batteries to worry about. It has a fuel gauge light when you activate it as well, so you know well ahead of time when to juice up so you’re not stuck in the dark.

Beautifully thought out piece of kit.

OkieStubble

The tapering point with the CE logo and “Caution Hot” text is up. There is a two position titanium pocket clip on the other side which you can’t see, which you clip to your pocket like a knife. The entire flashlight is very high grade and beautifully finished aluminum and there are two triggers to activate the light. The main one for tactical use - is the tactical trigger/button on the bottom of the light, which you can sort of see in the picture. It’s next to impossible to hit it on accident - but push and hold it - and you get a VERY wide and eye meltingly bright 1,000 lumen flood - SureFire is famous for underrating their lumen figures, and they tuned the reflector on this to be ultra wide to provide maximum situational awareness. If you hit that tactical button twice and hold - it activates a 1k lumen strobe light - to dazzle a potential threat - and let me tell you, there is no way I could mount an assault on someone if they had that strobe (or consistent) beam in my direction - day or night.

The right button on the front of the light cycles between an ultra low light beam (for discrete tasks with ridiculously long battery life), a strong/bright beam, and then the full power blast. What’s nice is that you don’t have to cycle through each mode to turn it off like cheaper lights - if you’re on any of the three modes for 2 seconds, clicking that button again turns the light off. The button on the left is a programming button - which allows you to change how the tactical switch works (press and hold or press once and it stays on) as well as the main switch (IE: change from high, medium to low vs the other way around).

The buttons are really well laid out, have a very positive haptic engagement, are nearly impossible to activate on accident (I’ve never done it once) and the entire setup is sleek and exceptionally well made. It commands a premium over the competition - but for a proper EDC tactical light, you really can’t get a better overall package. Depending on which direction you have the pocket clip - it can be clipped onto any brimmed hat, like a cowboy hat or a ball cap, and then you’ve got a headlamp. The pocket clip was designed with this use case in mind - so it’s not an afterthought, it’s held in place like a vault with that clip.

Battery life is exceptional - and as you can see with that covered USB port on the front, it’s rechargeable - so no batteries to worry about. It has a fuel gauge light when you activate it as well, so you know well ahead of time when to juice up so you’re not stuck in the dark.

Beautifully thought out piece of kit.

What is the name of it’s model?

How much did ya pay for it?

Got any more pics at different angles?

I really like that!

40 cal Glock 22 with Acro P2. 180 g Gold Dot x 15. 1 extra mag.
Holster is Mastermind Tactics Kydex. AIWB.
Belt today is a Black Tenicor Zero.
Mag Pouch is the integrated pocket on 5.11 Defender Flex Slim Jeans.

What is the name of it’s model?

How much did ya pay for it?

Got any more pics at different angles?

I really like that!

It’s a SureFire Stiletto Pro - MSRP is $259, but I got mine for $206 from gunmagwarehouse but they appear to be out of stock. With SureFire you’re always paying a premium - but in my experience while some of that $ is for the brand - the majority of it is for a better designed and far more durable product. I also find they’re brighter than some lights with 2-3X the lumen rating, so sometimes it’s hard to compare - as you might find a $100 light with a 3k+ lumen rating, that isn’t nearly as bright or cast nearly as wide of a beam which you need for situational awareness and multiple subject dazzle ability in a tactical light.

They make a SureFire Stiletto (non-pro) model that has a plastic body, and a max of 650 lumen vs 1000 lumen. Due to the greater lumen figure of the pro AND a more expensive and improved reflector on the Pro model, it actually has a 233% increase in candela, and 82% increase in distance. The non pro model also does not have a reversible pocket clip and can only be carried in the reflector up position which for me is a deal breaker - as a tactical light should be pulled from concealment in a ready position with your finger on the trigger, not having to turn it around after your draw. Here’s a link to a comparo. The standard stiletto is lighter though (plastic vs aluminum, smaller/lighter reflector) but the weight disappears in your pocket.

If I could only carry the SureFire - or 1 backup magazine in my pocket - I’d choose the SureFire every time. During the day, if you get and eyeful of that SureFire, you’re seeing stars, but at night if you’re on the receiving end - it’s truly blinding - and the after effects to your vision are long lasting. With most self defense encounters occurring in low light situations - it makes a quality tactical light that much more important. You can’t mount an effective attack against someone - even if you’re drugged up, if you’re blinded. Having the light off the weapon (vs a weapon mounted light) allows you to carry a FAR more powerful light, and deploy it for self defense, and day to day common tasks, without waving a gun around. Since it’s with me all the time - it gets used almost daily - like checking the smoker last night for instance - where I’d really not want to be pulling out a loaded ccw gun and pointing it at the smoker to check things out 😂

Here are a few additional pics…

5AE2C28C-56A5-42CE-83D8-87B3A369C074.jpeg

A89A79A6-84AC-4C45-B90A-331D1AEFE8FC.jpeg

759B8E16-145C-4E63-9233-D0706400014F.jpeg

6358E1FD-A183-4F68-B6DA-0C2A6D2D4B86.jpeg

A2871C3E-C7D3-483C-AF69-44DBC911049C.jpeg

Size compare next to the absurdly small Kahr P380 yet it’s only 4oz, versus the Kahr’s fully loaded weight of 12oz.
2D123E5E-0E4D-4414-B822-A0EB86DF5842.jpeg

1. That is a fine light
2. Concur re EDC of a quality light that is bright enough to “blind”
3. IMHO, it is a false choice to have to pick carrying a light or a reload. EASY to carry both.
4. Having said that, there are some who would go gun, light, pepper spray, TQ before they would go with another mag presuming 15+ (10+?) in the gun.

Top Bottom