What's new

What was your carry today?

Tried and true...

84E47DA7-001A-4615-A980-42E5100F5135.jpeg

8ABBD0CC-DAB2-468E-A6A1-20A389EA4943.jpeg
Yesterday, I went down to some property I recently had surveyed. I received a call from this company saying they were chased off by the largest raccoon they had ever seen. I have recently read a few stories about people’s failures to dispatch them with conventional sidearms. I’ve had some encounters with raccoons and they have always moved along without issue. But this frantic call along with the Internet legend had me carrying a long gun while I inspected the boundaries. I never saw a raccoon but had an uneasy feeling that I was being watched the whole time I was there.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
43 for the high where I’m at in Okieland, so I have been wearing a jacket and packing a 1911.

ECE6BFAC-76F9-4BB2-8814-04ABB26C1149.jpeg

The 1791 Holster, mag carrier and belt doesn’t feel heavy or bulky and is extremely comfortable on the hip at 4:30. The extreme forward FBI cant does feel a bit awkward to me, because I’m used to drawing more at a 90 degree straight up from a duty holster.

Practicing drawing from a buttoned up jacket, while can be done, takes concentration and effort for sure. Not as natural as my G43X from a Mitch Rosen leather pancake at 90 degrees, but definitely doable. I sure do love my Springfield 1911.

I don’t know why I feel so self conscious carrying only 7 .45 ACP versus 10 9mm in the G43X, but I do…. Weird? :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I don’t know why I feel so self conscious carrying only 7 .45 ACP versus 10 9mm in the G43X, but I do…. Weird? :)

Me: Rob, why do you carry that Glock with a 35 round magazine?

Rob: Well, ya see...I ain't a very good shot. :biggrin1:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
5.11 Tac-Belt
I was looking it to it, but have a question. Medium shows to be for 32-34 inch waist, large is 36-38. My normal size is 34, but with an IWB I’d need a little more. Should I go large? Will it just be an issue of a little extra loose end when I’m not carrying? I’d hate to buy a belt that I only use while packing.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I was looking it to it, but have a question. Medium shows to be for 32-34 inch waist, large is 36-38. My normal size is 34, but with an IWB I’d need a little more. Should I go large? Will it just be an issue of a little extra loose end when I’m not carrying? I’d hate to buy a belt that I only use while packing.

I am a 34” waist also. I have the medium belt and there is still enough of leftover belt tongue to tuck nicely into the next belt loop.

However, the good thing about The 5.11 Tac- Belt is, if you want to go with the large 36-38 and had too much overhanging tongue?

The woven belt material allows you to take a pair of heavy duty scissors and cut off the amount you want. Then just take a lighter barely to the frayed cut end and watch it magically melt before your eyes and seal itself very nicely without looking all jacked up.

You would be surprised how good the edge will look after doing it.

I have the double layered belt where one side is black or it can be flipped over with an ambidextrous buckle and worn on the other side which is terrorist tan. (FDE)

I also have the medium and still do IWB and OWB.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am a 34” waist also. I have the medium belt and there is still enough of leftover belt tongue to tuck nicely into the next belt loop.

However, the good thing about The 5.11 Tac- Belt is, if you want to go with the large 36-38 and had too much overhanging tongue?

The woven belt material allows you to take a pair of heavy duty scissors and cut off the amount you want. Then just take a lighter barely to the frayed cut end and watch it magically melt before your eyes and seal itself very nicely without looking all jacked up.

You would be surprised how good the edge will look after doing it.

I have the double layered belt where one side is black or it can be flipped over with an ambidextrous buckle and worn on the other side which is terrorist tan. (FDE)
Thanks much. I also had had a worry because their site recommended ordering larger. I will now, just in case.

Top Bottom