What's new

What was your carry today?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Went West to the Far East today. I've been carrying my Webley Mark IV 38S&W Singapore Police Force in a Bucheimer B7 Perfect Fit holster. They are both from about the same era, the Webley from 1957 and the Bucheimer slightly earlier.

The Webley is a six-shot top break revolver and still has absolutely perfect timing and cylinder lockup. The barrel rifling looks almost new and at short range it's a wonderful point and shoot weapon. The SPF required a couple modifications adding a cross bolt safety and a lanyard ring on the butt.

Azula-Webley-Mark-IV-03-small.jpg
Bucheimer-B-7-small.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Glock 43X w/ Streamlight TLR-6 and two extra 10 round magazines with Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P.
Kershaw “Hotwire” spring assisted folding knife.
Fenix E12 single AA 130 Lumen flashlight.
Timex Shock
Keys, Wallet and extremely rugged good looks. :)

FADB70FF-FADA-4EA2-9482-22929423A60D.jpeg

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Back to the Webley and a couple speed loaders today. The Colt Vest Pocket is also in the right front pocket. Seems I am vestless.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
  • 1980's manufacture Taurus Model 85CH DAO .38 special (Eagle Secret Agent gris in cocobolo)
  • Speer 130 gr +P short barrel ammunition
  • Kramer pocket holster
  • HKS 36 speedloader
  • Benchmade Griptillian

striped.jpg

Last edited:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
@FarmerTan

Here's a blued version of the same gun with the original grips. I can't date it on their website, but I believe I got my two in the mid 1980's. I bought one for my mother for Mother's Day and liked it so much, I got one for myself, serially numbered. I put Pachmayr grips on mom's and those Eagle grips on mine. My son has my mom's gun now, both are in stainless.

gun5.jpg

I've read from time to time Taurus QC has had ups/downs, this is the only Taurus revolver I've owned, but it was made just after Taurus made the switch from conventional machinery to CAD/CAM machining and the quality was excellent. It's all steel, and though not stamped as +P it's fine for +P ammo, it's a tough little bugger.

They did have a heavy and not-so-smooth trigger pull, but Taurus had a deal at the time if you bought one and sent it to them right away, they'd slick up the trigger and put lighter springs in it for a ridiculously cheap price. I had both done. They were kind of matte-finished, not too dull, but not shiny, either. I spent many hours in front of the TV polishing mine with an old T-shirt and Flitz, and dry fired it several thousand times. Today I just love it, would never part with it.

So the DAO part. It was a normal Model 85 that you could c0ck, but they bobbed the hammer and removed whatever is inside to keep the hammer cocked back. Here is a photo of the back of the gun and how it looks with the bobbed hammer coming back. I think it's a perfect concealed carry snub or back up gun.

gun2.jpg

gun4.jpg

At the time they came out, the gun press was all gaga for Taurus, and as their manufacturing quality was on the rise, S&W was a bit tarnished. The entire line of Taurus revolvers in the mid-late 1980's got a ton of favorable comparison to S&W at the time, and they were quite a bit less expensive.

It seems all gun makers have their ups/downs in manufacturing quality, Savage, Colt, S&W, Taurus, it seems the nature of the beast. But this is an excellent little gun. I still have the original box and grips somewhere, but I'd never sell this gun. I did that once with another one I loved, the Star PD in .45 ACP and to this day, I don't know what I was thinking when I sold that.

Anyway, that's the Taurus Model 85CH (concealed hammer, really bobbed, not 'concealed' like in the S&W 642) DAO only from the mid-1980's. They still come up for sale from time to time, the below sold for $250 a while back. I don't think there is enough interest for it to appeal to be a 'collector' gun, but if you need/want a 5-shot revolver belly gun and you stumble across one of these, I highly recommend it.

guns5.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'd grab one of those in a heartbeat!

But, now don't laugh Gents, but I not only HELD, in my own hand, but seriously considered buying a Taurus "Curve" I believe it was called.

My only real reason I didn't buy it was that I THINK it was only available in .380.

And now that all ammo is "precious" I probably should have just bought it. Too late smart, story of my life.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Went West to the Far East today. I've been carrying my Webley Mark IV 38S&W Singapore Police Force in a Bucheimer B7 Perfect Fit holster. They are both from about the same era, the Webley from 1957 and the Bucheimer slightly earlier.

The Webley is a six-shot top break revolver and still has absolutely perfect timing and cylinder lockup. The barrel rifling looks almost new and at short range it's a wonderful point and shoot weapon. The SPF required a couple modifications adding a cross bolt safety and a lanyard ring on the butt.

View attachment 1368250View attachment 1368251
I always kind of dug Webleys. How well were they built?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have been really enjoying grabbing my Ruger LCP II out of the safe and throwing it in my pocket or carrying it AIWB in the little leather DeSantis Gunhide holster.

86938101-FB24-49F7-A51D-EE75ABB6BABA.jpeg

Since getting my wife her LCP Max, it feels good not getting yelled at when getting caught sneaking the LCP II out of her purse when it was hers.

Now that it’s all MINE, :). I have repainted the front sight a blazing fluorescent orange and also coated it with a clear acrylic nylon fingernail polish as a protective finish for the orange paint. It turned out really nice. Hard as a rock. I don’t think I will ever have to touch up the sight again. :)

C5C25F13-84A5-4526-B394-D84F0A70FBC1.jpeg

Top Bottom