What's new

What was your carry today?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just 10 murders a minute then? 1440 murders a day. Things have got a lot worse since 2018 when UK had an annual count of 809 murders.

Perhaps you should check your source!

It was a facetious statement. However,

They should ban knives in my opinion. :)

Your link is 2004? Do you have anything, a bit more, current? Your link still states: estimated that there were approximately 490,000 intentional homicides in 2004? Maybe they mean globally? Or just violent encounters?

Here is a link for 2015 showing 618,000 recorded violent crimes in the UK? You can borrow it if you want too. :)

This isn't a competition with horseshoes & handgrenades. It was merely an explanation of and answering someone's question of why and where the American culture for the desire of using firearms for self protection comes from. Because that was what was asked?

My question for you sir is, Since you are not a regular in this forum, did you decide to just pop in here, in order to challenge my stats in the first place? Appears as if you are seeking trouble, instead of just enjoying our firearms and shooting sports forum? :)

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Packed a 1911 today in DeSantis leather. Sure is a lot heavier than a G43X. Might have to look into a leather shoulder rig for it to carry under a jacket in colder weather.

88B514BF-93DF-46B4-AB26-6BA134C7D65E.jpeg

My question for you sir is, Since you are not a regular in this forum, did you decide to just pop in here, in order to challenge my stats in the first place? Appears as if you are seeking trouble, instead of just enjoying our firearms and shooting sports forum?
I do enjoy the forum and mostly keep my mouth shut so as not to cause trouble. We have our cultural differences, yet I drop in on a fairly regular basis to read and learn what others are thinking. I am close enough to your great nation to look over the border at it if I go around the corner and up the hill a bit. I read here to gain some insight.

Some comments expressed facetiously can be taken in earnest. You made no indication when you presented that statistic that it was untrue, and I found it so dubious that I had to check it, and then challenge it. Why make such a statement? At best it will be dismissed as false and at worst it will generate fear unnecessarily.

We have violent crime here too. I have no gun, no God given right or constitutional right or desire to get one. I will not criticize you for choices you make, as I am not walking in your shoes. Respect that other nations will address the issues that they face in a different way, and are not wrong to do so.

OkieStubble

I do enjoy the forum and mostly keep my mouth shut so as not to cause trouble.

You enjoy the shaving forum part? Or the firearms & Shooting Sports sub forum part? I ask, because this is only the second time I have seen you in here sir? And the first time you were here, you posted and were also questioning and commenting in a negative manner on another regular member's post, about his remarks on carrying a firearm for defense also?

That's 2 for 2 on the visits by you @T.Orso where, your visit wasn't to enjoy and discuss firearms or shooting?

Some comments expressed facetiously can be taken in earnest. You made no indication when you presented that statistic that it was untrue, and I found it so dubious that I had to check it, and then challenge it.

It wasn't presented as a statistic just a simple remark. Maybe you are making the mistake or are just trying to combine it with other actual stats I posted? Regardless, I am human, and am not above making honest mistakes or above anyone's approach of those mistakes. So thank you sir, for finding that single remark I made and singling it out for me. :)

I can humbly agree with your bolded sir, in an self effort for the desire to always be honest and accurate in what I do or say. especially, if that's how you or any other person perceived it.

So again, I apologize, if you think my intentions are/were dubious, in a sub forum where I spend alot of time as a regular. In saying this, and in kind, could not someone sir, think the same thing about your intentions and the dubious appearance of the posts you look to engage in, from/with regular's here? Especially, from your only two visits here where you posted? It was several months back when you attempted to challenge another regular here about a remark he made about his wife and self defense of her in a crowd of protesters?

So two visits by you, months apart, and they both were challenging regular members of this forum?

We have our cultural differences, yet I drop in on a fairly regular basis to read and learn what others are thinking.

Respectfully sir, I find this contradictory and opposite to this?

I have no gun, no God given right or constitutional right or desire to get one.

If you are aware of these cultural differences as you say you are sir, why come here, to look for debate and question anything anyone has said about some of our cultural differences on firearms and self defense? Since you are so aware of these differences, as you say?

I apologize again sir, for my mental short sightedness, on a single remark of a huge post to answer a question from another member, but wouldn't this intention of yours, also be an obvious no no?

Especially for a sub forum that was clearly created to be a "positive space" for those who are "pro" firearms and shooting sports, and who look to discuss firearms, shooting sports and the views of self defense with firearms in a "positive light?"

This was the question that was asked @T.Orso.

I'm from the Netherlands and could someone tell me why someone would want to carry a sidearm?
For the one in a millon chance one might get robbed?

The poster who asked this question, seemed to ask it with honest intentions. He got several answers from several members here, including mine. again, I apologize that a single remark or mis-step of mine as you say, has created such an earnest desire for you to want to set the record straight.

Speaking of setting the record straight, what did you think of all the other actual stats I posted and linked that you can verify?

Do you have a positive view, about any of them? Do you like guns? Do you believe in the right to own them, to carry them? To use them in self defense of you and your loved ones? I fully respect and support you sir if you don't, but just to let you know and make you aware, most everybody else here, in this sub forum does sir.

And the awesome folks who are in charge of B&B, gave us this place to have the freedom to discuss and express and enjoy our hobby, our rights and our beliefs about them, without interference or harassment?

Last edited:
The poster who asked this question, seemed to ask it with honest intentions.
I did ask it with honest intentions.
I like firearms.Or must I say the look and design of some of them. Just as I like a Zippo lighter, a flathead big twin Harley or a straight shaver.To me there's a beauty in the design of a M16 A1 or a Colt revolver.
I went to a range a couple of times and shot a few.I did some clay pigeon shooti g a few decades ago for a while.
But walking on the street with a firearm at your side in the part of the world where I'm from islike having an F-16 in your backtard.Unthinkable.

OkieStubble

I did ask it with honest intentions.

I like firearms.Or must I say the look and design of some of them. Just as I like a Zippo lighter, a flathead big twin Harley or a straight shaver.To me there's a beauty in the design of a M16 A1 or a Colt revolver.

I went to a range a couple of times and shot a few.I did some clay pigeon shooti g a few decades ago for a while.
But walking on the street with a firearm at your side in the part of the world where I'm from islike having an F-16 in your backtard.Unthinkable.

That's a great list of stuff. :)

I for one, appreciated your honest and inquiring question. And everyone who responded to your question, answered with the same honest intentions. If I was born and raised there, in that different culture, I'm sure it would be the same for me.

I think most realize, the realities of your culture and/or rights and experiences there; and the realities of my culture and/or rights and experiences here; don't have to dictate or impose or imply on each other, that one is doing it wrong or one is doing it right. That's what YMMV is all about. :)

But there are those, who will travel and seek out; and split, isolate and focus on small snippits, of honest adult conversations, which only had good intentions, to do exactly that.

Thank you @street, for your honest questions and your open mind. It is and was, very refreshing. We are happy to welcome you to our firearms and shooting sub forum. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom