What was your carry today?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Same as always
6199561E-2028-48A1-94B1-0D740D3E1CD6.jpeg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
What is that?
A Star UltraStar. An amazing plastic fantastic. Very rigid with the feel of an all steal gun but with a plastic frame. Unfortunately came out right when the trend was toward dual stack 9s and so limited in capacity but...

rear sights adjustable using an Allen wrench​
ambidextrous swipe down for fire mode safeties​
slide rides inside frame for full support and low bore axis​
reversible mag release​
tapered and guided magazine well​
DA/SA with hammer drop safety​
wide smooth trigger​
three dot white dot sights​

Star vs SigPro (P2009)
proxy.php

And on left next to HS2000 (Springfield XD)
proxy.php

Star next to S&W 469 (the first factory compact WonderNine)
proxy.php

Star on top of my HS2000 (became the Springfield XD)
proxy.php

I bought the Star in 1994 and it has never failed to feed, fire or ejecet any round I tried in it. It is also easier to shoot and more accurate than my 2nd & 3rd Generation S&W WonderNines as well as several other 9s I own. Even though it really is a compact of the time I found it was as easy to shoot accurately as my Brownings and Browning Clones.

A Star UltraStar. An amazing plastic fantastic. Very rigid with the feel of an all steal gun but with a plastic frame. Unfortunately came out right when the trend was toward dual stack 9s and so limited in capacity but...

rear sights adjustable using an Allen wrench​
ambidextrous swipe down for fire mode safeties​
slide rides inside frame for full support and low bore axis​
reversible mag release​
tapered and guided magazine well​
DA/SA with hammer drop safety​
wide smooth trigger​
three dot white dot sights​

Star vs SigPro (P2009)
proxy.php

And on left next to HS2000 (Springfield XD)
proxy.php

Star next to S&W 469 (the first factory compact WonderNine)
proxy.php

Star on top of my HS2000 (became the Springfield XD)
proxy.php

I bought the Star in 1994 and it has never failed to feed, fire or ejecet any round I tried in it. It is also easier to shoot and more accurate than my 2nd & 3rd Generation S&W WonderNines as well as several other 9s I own. Even though it really is a compact of the time I found it was as easy to shoot accurately as my Brownings and Browning Clones.
Sweet. Nice comparisons.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I feel for ya, buddy. That is tiring in and of itself. At least with the shifts you worked it will be dark so you can sleep well. Get some rest.

You wear PJs? I go Commando.

Oh wait...that was too much of a visual.

C'mon Mike we are scarred for life.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have my Ruger SP101 today. The holster is just one of those things you can slide the gun into. I can only carry it to my car, not at work so that gadget is comfortable on my belt all day. Plus I have not found a holster I want to buy for it yet.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Went the constitutional route today with the Stacatto-P as I wanted to some range time before the heavens opened!

As an aside I detail stripped that sucker today to get it clean for a class. It was an interesting experience. Much like a 1911 with a few head scratchers thrown in for good measure!

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
That sucks. I’ve been battling Sciatica caused by Piriformis Syndrome for about 5 years. Sometimes the stretches work, most times they only work for about 15 minutes. Cold damp weather makes it flare up among other things.

I heard physical therapy can really help with Piriformis. I’m sure I have the exact same diagnosis after wearing a heavy duty belt on my hips the last 20 years. I can lay down at night and can feel my sciatic nerve jumping faster then a racing heartbeat.

I have had MRI’s on both my cervical and lumbar spine. No signs of herniated disc or nerve damage. I had just started doing certain exercises and stretches that help the Piriformis muscle. I’m hoping that will bring relief to the Sciatica.

Top Bottom