What's new

What was the longest time you had to wait to receive a package?

Hello,

I’m new to B&B, though I’ve been reading the forums for quite some time now. Your contributions have greatly influenced what I’m about to buy, but before I do, I have a question for those of you who in Europe who have ordered anything from the USA: what was the longest time you had to wait to receive a package?

In June, an order from CS took 14 days to arrive. However my latest order from the same CS (shipped on 07/13/2006) has still not arrived. I’m now tempted to think it was either lost or stolen by the French postal service. It’s worth 270$. I’m anxious.

Hello and welcome.

I have ordered lots of stuff from the US, mainly DVDs. Longest waiting has been up to 4 weeks. 2-3weeks are not uncommon. Email the vendor to find out when he shipped your stuff. I think your suspicion of postal-theft is hopefully wrong, out of something like 350 shipments from the US I have only lost 1, which wasnt really lost, it showed up after some 3 months.

Thing seem to be that the packages from US to EU can sometimes take really funny ways to get to us. One of my movies had been to australia and back, I live in Sweden.

Keep in there

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The longest I wait for anything is whenever I order a package from classicshaving.com.

Can't hardly blame them for the delay. It must take them forever to attach that huge anchor to the turtle they use for deliveries.

I waited 2 and a half weeks for a Merkur HD and blades from classicshaving.com, although it was being sent to England from the US... I WAS getting a bit peeved though after about two weeks and was thinking about sending them a stroppy email. But alas, I kept a level head and waited patiently, and a few days after that the stuff arrived.

I didn't realise at the time of ordering that you could get Merkur HDs anywhere in the UK, but I saw that Kyle posted the list of shaving accessory websites only a few days after I placed my order...and now I realise that I could've avoided the delay as they are actually available over here! But hey, I was itching to get my hands on one of these razors and I'm just glad I have the stuff now.... and I'm really enjoying the extra-smooth shaves that my HD is giving me (albeit a bit of redness here and there...but hopefully my technique will improve over time :biggrin: )

I've shipped hundreds of packages overnight using FedEx. They've never let me down, ever. Great work ethic and they really follow thru.

Well with that being said, I once had someone convince me that I should send them some very important photographs I had using the US Postal Systems Overnight Shipping. I argued for FedEx but they said they always use USPS.

They never got to the destination. They lost them. Four months later they find them. The package had fallen behind a table at the post office.

I always use FedEx.

Sorry Jim- I am waiting for a package from FedEx right now- it went from Memphis to maspeth then back to Memphis -6 days waiting to clear customs released sent to maspeth again on truck this am out for delivery and they claim I am not home this am! :mad: :mad: :mad: I want my brush!

I ship USPS all the time- I hate FEDEX

No apologies Jim. I guess it's what you believe in works best. I knew all the drivers that came out from FedEx and when I had to drop stuff off at the airport I knew the person who could hold the plane if I was running late to dropoff. Those were some crazy days.

Hope you work out the details of what's wrong. BTW Airborne and now DHL pull the same tricks with the "nobody is home routine." I figured out that they get penalized in pay if they can't reach a location by a certain time so they fake like they've been there. Weak but they do it.

Lyrt said:
Hello,

I’m new to B&B, though I’ve been reading the forums for quite some time now. Your contributions have greatly influenced what I’m about to buy, but before I do, I have a question for those of you who in Europe who have ordered anything from the USA: what was the longest time you had to wait to receive a package?

In June, an order from CS took 14 days to arrive. However my latest order from the same CS (shipped on 07/13/2006) has still not arrived. I’m now tempted to think it was either lost or stolen by the French postal service. It’s worth 270$. I’m anxious.

Welcome to B&B

Did CS give you a tracking number?

btw - nice order...what did you buy?

Welcome to B&B
Thank you.

Did CS give you a tracking number?
CS provided no tracking number as the package was shipped via U.S. Postal Service International, Airmail Letter. Next time I order something I’ll ask it to be shipped via Fedex, DHL, EMS or anything that requires my signature and provides a tracking number.

btw - nice order...what did you buy?
– Dovo razor stand
– Merkur Vision
– Feather Double-Edge Blades, 10-Pak
– T&H Ultimate Comfort Shaving Cream
– ToOBS Luxury Herbal Aftershave Cream
– ToOBS Mr Taylor's Shaving Gel
– ToOBS Herbal Hair Gel
– SWISSCO Badger Bristle Toothbrush
– MARVIS Toothpaste, Jasmine Mint

Note that I’m somewhat new to wet shaving. My current paraphernalia are:
– Feather AC DX Special
– Vulfix #2236
– ToOBS (sandalwood) and Salter (rose)
– A sugar basin in lieu of a mug
– Dior’s Dune aftershave

My wish list is huge. I want to try DE shaving and buy some open razors now that I’ve mastered my Artist Club. Of course, I want to try ten bazillions creams, soaps and aftershaves and I made the grave mistake of checking Mama Bear’s website. My bank account will suffer in the next three months.

:lol: thats quite a haul, and yes...the desire to try all of the wonderful shaving stuff out there is a very powerful force and has got its grips on me as well.

Lyrt said:
– Dovo razor stand
– Merkur Vision
– Feather Double-Edge Blades, 10-Pak
– T&H Ultimate Comfort Shaving Cream
– ToOBS Luxury Herbal Aftershave Cream
– ToOBS Mr Taylor's Shaving Gel
– ToOBS Herbal Hair Gel
– SWISSCO Badger Bristle Toothbrush
– MARVIS Toothpaste, Jasmine Mint

Note that I’m somewhat new to wet shaving. My current paraphernalia are:
– Feather AC DX Special
– Vulfix #2236
– ToOBS (sandalwood) and Salter (rose)
– A sugar basin in lieu of a mug
– Dior’s Dune aftershave

My wish list is huge. I want to try DE shaving and buy some open razors now that I’ve mastered my Artist Club. Of course, I want to try ten bazillions creams, soaps and aftershaves and I made the grave mistake of checking Mama Bear’s website. My bank account will suffer in the next three months.

As you can attest to, Resistance is futile- you will be assimilated!

Marty

Yay. Pure coincidence, today’s my birthday and I just got my package CS shipped five weeks ago. From now on, I’m a Fedex man.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Let it also be known my Feather razor is too big for the tang to reach its base.

proxy.php

I've had nothing but trouble with any fedEX srvce that was not ground.

Thing is, I have the apartment office sign for my packages for me while I am at work (the joys of being single...), however the "express" driver (the lady that does ground is awesome) refuses to allow anyone to sign on behalf of the sender, regardless of situation (he always writes the door slip to say something other than what he reports to corporate as well, to make you sound like a liar). It ended up in numerous 3-way calls of me, the vendor, and a FedEX rep....the rep repeatedly accused us of wrongdoing, and refused to budge with getting the package to us....he actually told me to take a day off work to pick it up, or take time off to go pick it up.

In the end it took 3 weeks to get them to release the package. At that point, I already bought the item and recieved it from a UPS vendor, so I refused the package and told them to return it to sender. I work long hours, and FedEX is closed before and after my shift.....I also work saturdays, so this does not work out for me at all.

After that incident (that wasn't the first nightmare I had with them...I almost missed a charity bike ride I was supposed to do because they held up my replacment pedal by a week), I have boycotted FedEX Express. I don't deal with FedEX Express only businesses anymore, it's just not worth the hassle. Ground is fine, they give me my package without any hitches.

So far UPS has really impressed me though, and USPS isn't bad either.

jduffy said:
No apologies Jim. I guess it's what you believe in works best. I knew all the drivers that came out from FedEx and when I had to drop stuff off at the airport I knew the person who could hold the plane if I was running late to dropoff. Those were some crazy days.

Hope you work out the details of what's wrong. BTW Airborne and now DHL pull the same tricks with the "nobody is home routine." I figured out that they get penalized in pay if they can't reach a location by a certain time so they fake like they've been there. Weak but they do it.

I know a FedEx home delivery driver and they are actually paid peicemeal, each package gets them a certain amount, at least that is my understanding. Also, from what he has told me the "nobody is home routine" gets used if the driver is lazy and doesn't want to make the run to your area they'll do that. My friend got stuck delivering several packages on one guy's route a couple times when the guy did that for several days in a row. After several days the warehouse will assign a different driver to the package. But I've never personally had trouble with FedEx or UPS. USPS is a pain in my opinion though. :wink2:

I would have to say currently- I ordered a tortoise hog from sesto-senso on tuesday(online) and still have not received it(today is tuesday).

yes, I know its only been a week but sesto-sense is located in frederick, maryland- a 20 minute drive from where I live in Hagerstown.

When i order from Saint Sue( who is in Minnesota), I normally receive my order in 2 days time!

I wonder if I will get my order today? :confused:

Marty

Top Bottom