What's new

What was the first handgun you owned?

Three years ago was my first Sig 1911 Nightmare, I know I spent a lot but everyone told me if I started to buy handguns I would end up buying a 1911 sooner or later. And now am looking at the Sig 938, a mini of my 1911.

Three years ago was my first Sig 1911 Nightmare, I know I spent a lot but everyone told me if I started to buy handguns I would end up buying a 1911 sooner or later. And now am looking at the Sig 938, a mini of my 1911.

Check out the main Sig thread for more on the 938, but I can certainly give my strong recommendation. It's my primary carry piece. You'll want to buy one new, as the first couple of years had some growing pains, but all worked out now as far as I can tell. It's an amazing shooter for a pocket gun. I have shot mine at 25 yards, and can keep inside 6 inches with no support. Inside 2-3 inches easy at 15 yards. I generally carry mine in a IWB holster at 4:30, but it can be carried well in a front pocket holster if needed. Darn sexy too.

Springfield XD9 bought around 2003. Think its a first generation right after they were bought out and changed the name from HS2000. Its been a good gun and still going strong.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
First pistol was as a Ruger P944. Felt like a brick in my hand, and was as heavy as one too. Traded it off a few years back for a Glock of all things. Wish I had kept it now that Ruger is no longer producing the P series pistols.

Adam

That's the kind of first handgun I would have expected of you Michael.

That first pistol touched off a small collection of Lugers years later... I wouldn't have thought so at the time and I always had resolved 'I get one handgun and that's all the firearm I'll ever need...' That's what I'd later say about razors, shaving creams, brushes, fountain pens, etc...!

1903 model Colt 32 pistol. Got it from my great Grandmother and had to sell it during the big recession of the 70s 80s and have regretted it ever sine. I have since bought two nice versions back. I ran across my GGFathers old National Cash register note book that has not only several recipes for wine and beer but all his guns and the serial nos. So I am always looking for it.

Attachments

• $100_0115.jpg
    $100_0115.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
The first gun I bought was a 22/32 S&W kit gun 4 inch nickel factory plate new in box. Still have it. bought it in about 1982. Put about 25 rounds though it.

FIE .22 caliber 6 shooter, inherited after my Grandfather passed away, with his gun belt. My Uncle got the 1873 Colt Peacemaker and immediately sold it... I will never forgive him.

I know it is lame, but my first was a Beretta 22 Neos LR.
Thought it looked cool, was inexpensive, and had decent reviews at the time.

my first was a smith and wesson sigma from 1994 man i regret selling it payed $200 for it and it had night sights already installed on it

Top Bottom