What's new

What video game are you playing?

So I finally finished Dragon Age Inquisition! I spent a long time on it, not a full completionist run but pretty close. My clock said I had 807 hrs..... But I'm pretty sure that Instant On Xbox One feature pretends its still running while off so that's why it counted so many. So I don't know exactly how long it took, but it was a lot.

***POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT***
(But I don't think any of you are playing it too, so maybe not...)

I had a lot of fun playing it..... up until the end. Any of you remember the Mass Effect 3 ending flop and craziness? Yeah, well.... I feel like Bioware struck again. I wasn't all that bummed on the ME3 ending, playing out the end was fun. DA:I however let me down in the gameplay of the ending. The final boss, the big bad scary, become an evil god, destroy the world and kill ya by looking at you was a complete pushover. He wasn't even graphically cool! There were harder enemies in the wildlife of this game! Very disappointed. But besides him being so easy...... NOTHING you did, worked hard for, built, expanded the Inquisitions power etc made any difference to the end of the game. None. Hours of content you worked at and the final levels wouldn't have been any different. What a letdown, what a waste of time.

What did make a difference? Something you did or didn't do in Dragon Age Origins. Two games ago. That changed something in the final levels, but I won't spoil it. The ending itself is wrapped up in an epilogue speech that tells you about 3-4 things that are now the state of the world as a result of your efforts. That's fine, I guess. But it sure felt like you were doing so much more. Now, it does have one redeeming quality.... a big twist and cliffhanger scene right at the end. That was cool, and it did leave me hopeful for the next game. Now don't get me wrong.... I enjoyed playing the game, it was just a complete anticlimax and letdown at the end. I love the series and the world and the lore, and I'll play the next one. If I do play DA:I again, I won't bother with 90% of what I did last time though, because it doesn't even matter.

Well, on to the next!

Do PC games count? World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor. And Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on WiiU.

PC games always count. :). Unfortunately my computer is too old to play anything new, but I'm going to breakout some old lucasarts adventure games soon, to replay for the millionth time.

Steam needs to stop having sales!

Hah I'm trying to get some time to play more of Dragon Age Inquisition but have to wait until my 16mo old goes to bed.
And I just upgraded to two Asus Strix GTX 970's in sli just for DA & Far Cry 4..

But at 125 games my library seems to grow faster that I have time.

I've never played Dragon Age, but I'm intrigued...

Has anyone played the demo for PS4 entitled P.T.? I don't really want to say much beyond the fact that it's the most bone chilling game (demo!!) I have ever played. Just in case anyone here has played it, for the sake of those that want to, please avoid spoilers :thumbup1: I got my girlfriend and then a couple of friends to play it. Never heard anyone scream like that from a video game before...

I've never played Dragon Age, but I'm intrigued...

Has anyone played the demo for PS4 entitled P.T.? I don't really want to say much beyond the fact that it's the most bone chilling game (demo!!) I have ever played. Just in case anyone here has played it, for the sake of those that want to, please avoid spoilers :thumbup1: I got my girlfriend and then a couple of friends to play it. Never heard anyone scream like that from a video game before...

Yea just looked it up, not gonna happen :lol:

Bummer! Reminds me I keep seeing the commercial for The Order and it looks really cool. But it's PS4 exclusive too! Lame :(

Heard the Order is pretty bad(I agree the trailer looked cool). Takes around 5 hours to complete and about 2 hours of cut scenes.

I bought Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls for Ps4 today. PSN has a pretty good sale of top rated games and I got it for around $30.

I played quite a bit on the computer but prefer playing console games. Its gonna kinda suck to start over but its a fun loot based game. This and Far Cry 4 should hold me over till Bloodbourne and MLB The Show come out next month.

Started Lego Marvel Superheroes on XB1 yesterday afternoon with SWMBO. Later in the evening we went to a Chicago Bulls game and had a nice dinner. I asked if she wanted to go out for one more drink after the game, and she told me she really just wanted to come home and play Lego Marvel. So far the game is pretty solid, I will update more as we progress.

Top Bottom