What's new

What video game are you playing?

I know the whole thing with EA was a mess at the game's release, but the PS Store had Star Wars Battlefront II for dirt cheap (like $6) a few weeks ago. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I finished the main story of Days Gone. I really liked it, I still have a lot of Hordes to kill though. I have just started Metro Exodus, so far I am pleased with it also.

Doing PUBG again on PC; this is usually a drinking game with my brother on weekends, but I’ll take a day off during the week just to get stuff done, get music recorded etc...try and get at least a few games in while she’s at work.

Daily play for her and I is Soul Caliber 6 on PS4, we’re pretty even but she’s been beating me to death this week, don’t know why. Think my timing is off lol

Been diving into NFS: Rivals on XB1. It's a mix of fun and frustrating. Call me old, but open-world racing games seem contrary to the very nature of racing games for me--at least if they don't have an easy, fast, assured way to exit the open world (which Rivals does not :a31:).

Oh, and I've been messing with Doom 2016 too. Looks like I've gotten even worse at shooters in the 16 years since I last played one--and I've learned sure as hell didn't miss them.

Been diving into NFS: Rivals on XB1. It's a mix of fun and frustrating. Call me old, but open-world racing games seem contrary to the very nature of racing games for me--at least if they don't have an easy, fast, assured way to exit the open world (which Rivals does not :a31:).

Oh, and I've been messing with Doom 2016 too. Looks like I've gotten even worse at shooters in the 16 years since I last played one--and I've learned sure as hell didn't miss them.

Try the Forza Horizon series. Excellent open-world racing games (and the Forza Motorsport games are pretty great, too, if you want a more traditional racing game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm itching to play this game so bad! Thanks for making the itch even worse lol.

Haha, they’re excellent!

I loved the first three, though I never managed to “finish” them. I have the fourth, but haven’t really had much time to play it. Now that I’m off from work until September, maybe I’ll dive into it (and Red Dead 2...)

I try to avoid making definitive statements like this due to recency bias, but I wonder if that's not my favorite video game of all time. Masterful storytelling. At one point I thought I was going to cry. I only wish it had tracked play time, as I would be really curious to know how many hours I dumped into that thing (and will continue to in the future).

I'm currently playing Spider-man and it is even better than I expected. I'm ordinarily a pretty casual gamer and don't feel beholden to anything I play, but I've found myself moving a little faster in the morning just so I can make time to squeeze in a few minutes of play before work.

Maybe in the Player settings you can view your stats or in General settings. For me GTA (modern day), Fallout (post nuclear apocalypse) come second and third, but Red Dead Redemption beautifully presents a big chapter of America. The attention to detail is an artistic feat. It’s better than any movie or show I’ve seen in years if not decades.

I just picked up Zelda BOTW for the second time. The first time--I didn't get it. I hated how the weapons and shields always broke, the way a blood moon resurrected everything I'd killed before, and the lack of direction. I didn't understand why it was so popular. Anyway, after letting it collect dust for a year I put it back in the switch a couple of months ago to give it a second try. I started over from the beginning and it somehow clicked this time. It's an amazing game--I still don't like how weapons break (especially the master sword powering down), but I finished with the divine beasts and am now faced with trying to find all 120 shrines, 900 korok seeds, and more armor--or taking on the final boss.

Funny thing is, my two daughters also picked it up over the summer. All three of us individually have sunk over 50 hours into it (which my wife is becoming more vocal about...)

My prior favorite Zelda games were Link Between Worlds and Windwaker. I think BOTW belongs as my new favorite.

Maybe in the Player settings you can view your stats or in General settings.
Not unless they have patched it sometime in the last several months, unfortunately. I was surprised, as I cannot recall a modern Rockstar game that didn't include statistics.

I just picked up Zelda BOTW for the second time. The first time--I didn't get it. I hated how the weapons and shields always broke, the way a blood moon resurrected everything I'd killed before, and the lack of direction.
I have several of the same issues with the game as well, particularly the brittle weapons. I don't mind if weapons degrade, so long as I have a way to repair them, but Breath of the Wild's system is beyond frustrating. It's especially disheartening because not only do the weapons break, but some of them are downright fragile and will only get a handful of uses before they break in your hands. I still like it well enough, particularly the puzzles, but it offers enough frustration that I allowed myself to become distracted with other games after 30 hours. Maybe someday I'll pick it back up again, but I admit I'm certainly in no hurry.

I just picked up Zelda BOTW for the second time. The first time--I didn't get it. I hated how the weapons and shields always broke, the way a blood moon resurrected everything I'd killed before, and the lack of direction. I didn't understand why it was so popular. Anyway, after letting it collect dust for a year I put it back in the switch a couple of months ago to give it a second try. I started over from the beginning and it somehow clicked this time. It's an amazing game--I still don't like how weapons break (especially the master sword powering down), but I finished with the divine beasts and am now faced with trying to find all 120 shrines, 900 korok seeds, and more armor--or taking on the final boss.

Funny thing is, my two daughters also picked it up over the summer. All three of us individually have sunk over 50 hours into it (which my wife is becoming more vocal about...)

My prior favorite Zelda games were Link Between Worlds and Windwaker. I think BOTW belongs as my new favorite.
Botw was fun to play. But after beating the game and getting all the cool gear and huge horse I got bored of finding temples and seeds. Also found the final boss to be the easiest boss the whole game so that was a let down.

Botw was fun to play. But after beating the game and getting all the cool gear and huge horse I got bored of finding temples and seeds. Also found the final boss to be the easiest boss the whole game so that was a let down.
I went ahead and beat the final boss tonight. It was relatively easy but still satisfying. I don’t think I’ll go back and find more stuff—time to move onto something else!

After 22 years, today I finally beat the Emerald and Ruby WEAPONS in Final Fantasy VII. I think I’m done with that game for a while.

Next, I think I’ll finally dive into either Red Dead Redemption 2, or Forza Horizon 4. (Likely the former, with occasional breaks playing the latter).

Been dipping in and out of Just Cause 3 for the past few years, certainly have had my £7 worth out of it. Nothing groundbreaking but just lovely, light and easy to fire up for just a quick shot. A friend likes picking up the challenges I'm not keen on and aside from being forced to complete missions occasionally the open world is marvellous. Dying is not a problem, saves you having to replenish ammo. The consequence of killing you own guys is that you get their guns/explosives/ammo.

Have just got a loan of a Switch and with Zelda. Very early days running around panicked trying to fend off baddies with a leaf at the moment but it is looking good.

Top Bottom