What's new

What type of metal was used in making Schick injector razors? What plating?

I'm just curious. I unable to find any information about it anywhere. I know that vintage Gillette made from brass. Maybe Schick injectors were made from brass too? Also i know that Type G have a gold plating. What plating was used in later models like type M? Nickel or Chrome?

At least most of the Schicks are brass. There's a link in the hydromagic mechanisms that looks like aluminum, zinc, or zamac maybe. On the few I have, it doesn't looks like it's corroded too much so my best guess is aluminum for that part but other than that, everything looks to be brass. The newer ones like the L and M look chrome plated to me but that's just based on how it looks to me. Nickel tends to get dull and my newer Schicks don't have that dull look at all, even without polishing them up.

At least most of the Schicks are brass. There's a link in the hydromagic mechanisms that looks like aluminum, zinc, or zamac maybe. On the few I have, it doesn't looks like it's corroded too much so my best guess is aluminum for that part but other than that, everything looks to be brass. The newer ones like the L and M look chrome plated to me but that's just based on how it looks to me. Nickel tends to get dull and my newer Schicks don't have that dull look at all, even without polishing them up.
Thanks for answer. The last mystery for me is the Pal injectomatic. I know that it's gold plated. It was made from brass too?

R

romsitsa

Most Schicks were brass, plated with nickel or gold, a very few early models were solid silver. The head of the Pal is brass, the neck part aluminum.

Adam

The hydors are all brass.

Tell you what they're NOT....Zinc/Zamack! Not sure what the later models are, but chrome plated brass would probably be a good guess. Brass stamps easily, yet is fairly durable. Don't believe they used stainless, however, PAL and Persona did, on some of their models. (Both stainless models were high-tech looking at the time, and of similar shape actually.....I'm referring to the PAL Adjustable and Persona Stainless).

Top Bottom