What Type of Camera?

What Camera Do Use The Most

• Phone

• DSLR

• Mirco 4/3

• Point and Shoot

• SLR

Results are only viewable after voting.
My first choice isn't on the list. My Yashica TLR's, followed by the Mamiya RB67, Pentax MX, and Kodak Retina IIc. Then my lowly Nikon D200 when I'm in a hurry or want color.

My first choice isn't on the list. My Yashica TLR's, followed by the Mamiya RB67, Pentax MX, and Kodak Retina IIc. Then my lowly Nikon D200 when I'm in a hurry or want color.

Wow- what a coincidence! I shot some with a Yashica-Mat TLR when I did yearbook/school newspaper photography in high school a (cough) few years back. Although I shot far more with my 35mm SLR, no denying the image quality from the TLR was superior! Also, my first camera was a Kodak Retina IIIC that my grandfather gave me. I learned a lot about photography with that camera.

Eos 10D it's old and I want a new one but the pictures are great so I can't really justify spending the money to upgrade. Second would be phone.

InNae

Also, my first camera was a Kodak Retina IIIC that my grandfather gave me.

Awesome! That was my first camera as well. I loved that camera. Wish my folks hadn't gotten rid of it. I even had a second lens with it, I forget if it was a zoom or wide angle. Sharp as tack though, loved those Schneider optics!

I like my IIc so much that Chris Sherlock has it on his bench right now giving it some well deserved TLC. Can't wait to get it back!

What did you get? Canon? Sony?

Samsung nx1100 - it came bundled with a 7 inch galaxy 2 tablet (I already have an 11 inch tablet, but now my daughter has her own tablet to play games on) and basically you use the camera and tablet together because the camera has wireless that transfers photos to the tablet via an app. I really like it, it is much nicer than what I had previously and takes very good photos for a cheaper camera.

Awesome! That was my first camera as well. I loved that camera. Wish my folks hadn't gotten rid of it. I even had a second lens with it, I forget if it was a zoom or wide angle. Sharp as tack though, loved those Schneider optics!

Stand by, I had the accessory 35mm lens AND the telephoto (it was 80mm or 85mm)! The telephoto was pretty small and the 35mm was pretty large. I remember after focusing with the rangefinder you had to dial in an adjustment for the accessory lenses. Great optics, great images!

I use a Nikon D7100 DSLR. I also have a Fujifilm waterproof camera that I use at the beach and pools. I actually heard that the best selling camera in the world is an IPhone.

Pentax K-5, K-m and K10D are the digital cameras I use regularly...along with 10 interchangeable lenses. One Sigma lens (150-500)...the other 9...all Pentax digital lenses. I also have Canon digital equipment.

I've been photographing since 1968...worked as a pro photographer for a few years. I have Leica Rangefinder, a Mamiya medium format system, Olympus and Pentax film equipment.

My favoured brand over the years...always has been Pentax....film SLR and digital DSLR.

Legion

Staff member
I use a Nikon D7100 DSLR. I also have a Fujifilm waterproof camera that I use at the beach and pools. I actually heard that the best selling camera in the world is an IPhone.

By quite a huge margin, I would imagine.

I have been blazing through a (rapidly growing) collection of old rangefinders and vintage slrs - the latest rolls of film went through a trusty Pentax K1000 and Minolta Hi-Matic 7s; today's newest roll has gone into a sweet Nikkormat Ftn with a Nikkor-S 50mm 1.4 lens. Can't wait to get out at lunchtime and take some shots. Enjoy your shooting, everyone!

I find that for basic shooting I use my little P&S. If I'm going to a show or some special event I bring out my 50D with my bigma.

Nikon D4
Nikon D2Xs (was my primary camera until last week when I got the D4).
Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye Lens
Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Zoom Lens
Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S FX Lens
Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Wide-Angle Zoom Lens

Legion

Staff member
Nikon D4
Nikon D2Xs (was my primary camera until last week when I got the D4).
Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED AF DX Fisheye Lens
Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Zoom Lens
Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G AF-S FX Lens
Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX Wide-Angle Zoom Lens

Gonna need to replace some of those lenses the get the best out of the D4...

Top Bottom