What's new

What TV series you watching?

I abandoned the new iteration of Quantum Leap. I watched 4 episodes and then missed a couple weeks and I found that I didn't really care and I have little hope that the show would make me care going forward. There's so many other things I'd rather watch than to waste any more time on this show.

I'm trying to clear out some shows before proceeding with others because I'm watching too many things at once. I mentioned earlier that I had just finished The Sinner which I would recommend. I just finished the first season of For All Mankind and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the 2nd season and hope that they're able to hold it together. I can see how this show could go off the rails fairly easily so I hope that they don't do that. I'm also currently watching Mythic Quest with my wife. I really love Charlotte Nicdao as Poppy. Once I finish that I think I'll continue with The Americans. After that I can start something new from a long list of options from about 3-4 different streamers.

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Just started 1899. From the creators of Dark, I think. Netflix. Kind of slow paced to start, but looks to be pretty good.

I finished the 2nd season of For All Mankind and I'm still on board. The season finale was tense and exciting but ultimately pretty predictable. The current events surrounding Russia's aggression made the situations and events of the 2nd season more poignant and reflects back making today's news even more sad and concerning.

captp

Just started 1899. From the creators of Dark, I think. Netflix. Kind of slow paced to start, but looks to be pretty good.
Finished episode 5. If y'all think Dark was weird, 1899 makes it looks like a Dick, Jane & Spot mystery.

captp

I can get on board with weird. I liked Dark even though I found it hard to follow. Is 1899 hard to follow?
Finished the series. Beyond weird all the way to bizarre. Satisfying ending; I guessed close to what was going on, but not exactly.
I think I may have to go back & rewatch Dark.

Finished the series. Beyond weird all the way to bizarre. Satisfying ending; I guessed close to what was going on, but not exactly.
I think I may have to go back & rewatch Dark.
I watched the first episode. The show was queued up with the English dub which was pretty bad so I quickly restarted it with the subtitles. It's still too soon for me to judge, they're still setting the stage but I like the look and vibe of it so far. It's kind of eerie and mysterious.

My cable company is offering a free preview week of streamers I don't have so I'm taking advantage and watching House of the Dragon. From what I've seen so far it's as good as Game of Thrones quality-wise.

I'm on the 1899 wagon. Liking through episode 5 thus far.
I binged 1899 in two days and really enjoyed it. The sets were awesome and they really got the tone and look right for the story. This is one of those shows that once it is over, you kind of want to re-watch it once you know the ending.

captp

I binged 1899 in two days and really enjoyed it. The sets were awesome and they really got the tone and look right for the story. This is one of those shows that once it is over, you kind of want to re-watch it once you know the ending.
I'm thinking of waiting about a month to rewatch. One of the few series worth a rewatch.

captp

Started Wednesday on Netflix. Looking good. Jenna Ortega shines as Wednesday (no disrespect to Christina Ricci)
Kudos to casting Luis Guzman as Gomez. He resembles the original drawings by Addams way more than either John Astin or Raul Julia.

Outlander and Poldark.

Both great stories. However, I can't help feeling that in outlander, the sex scenes get in the way of the great tale!! Oh dear, must be getting old!!

Top Bottom