What's new

What TV series you watching?

Bosch. On Amazon Prime. I've avoided as long as I could, already into season 5 of 6. /Sigh How do I watch more tv now that I've cut cable?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Starting The Sopranos tomorrow morning. I will watch an episode or so each day while on my rowing machine.

"Everything is Gonna Be Okay" on Freeform and Hulu. Josh Thomas does excellent, creative, thoughtful and warm, comedy. All characters are appealing.

Just finished 3 seasons of Bron- The Bridge on Amazon. It's excellent. For some reason, season 4 has just disappeared. Now what am I going to do?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Currently watching “Marcella” Season 2 with LOTH. We both enjoyed Season 1 and have had Season 2 recorded for some time. Very good TV show. The Brits do good TV.

Still working our way through Dead Like Me. There are only 14 or 15 episodes of the final season, season 2, and we've just watched 12, so it will wind up soon. I'll miss these characters and this setup. The most recent episode, "Forget Me Not," gave us a fine performance by Piper Laurie, whom you'll remember as Carrie's mother in that 1974 film, this time as an Alzheimer's patient.

It also featured an against-type turn by Eric McCormack (the lead on TV's Will and Grace) as a charming but unpredictably abusive and savage TV director. And one scene late in the story is a real "jump out of your seat" moment. Though it doesn't often go that way, this show is often capable of some real creepiness.

Last edited:
Yesterday also I caught a couple episodes of the early '60s TV series Thriller, the one with Boris Karloff as host. The first, "The Fingers of Fear," focuses on a serial killer of children (though the term "serial killer" had not appeared yet) -- kind of a modern-day, suburban turn on Fritz Lang's M. The identity of the killer is revealed a little past the 30-minute mark, so it's not a "closed" mystery in the Ellery Queen sense. But it ends with a moment that must have been very unsettling in 1961 and still is disturbing today.

Thriller, you may remember, started off as a sort of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" variant, with mostly crime and suspense stories. Late in its first year, it shifted to give us some horror tales, which continued into its second and final season. The ender to Season One was "The Grim Reaper," with William Shatner and Natalie "Lovey" Schafer (playing a very different sort of role here), and with a script by Robert (Psycho) Bloch. 'Tis creepy and effective . . . except that Bill gives part of the game away early in the story with a facial expression he chooses to exhibit that is out of character. I'm surprised the director didn't catch it and say, "Bill, no, that's all wrong --!"

Still working our way through Dead Like Me. There are only 14 or 15 episodes of the final season, season 2, and we've just watched 12, so it will wind up soon. I'll miss these characters and this setup. The most recent episode, "Forget Me Not," gave us a fine performance by Piper Laurie, whom you'll remember as Carrie's mother in that 1974 film, this time as an Alzheimer's patient.

It also featured an against-type turn by Eric McCormack (the lead on TV's Will and Grace) as a charming but unpredictably abusive and savage TV director. And one scene late in the story is a real "jump out of your seat" moment. Though it doesn't often go that way, this show is often capable of some real creepiness.
Great series. A shame it did not continue!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Line of duty all 5 seasons. Excellent.
Midsomer Murders. First season episode one. Terrible. Feel like I’m officially 90 years old even watching this.

In UK only one to watch and that's The Line Of Duty.
If you guys in USA are able to see This, hunt it out. Best start from series one if you can. BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT.

Line of duty all 5 seasons. Excellent.
Midsomer Murders. First season episode one. Terrible. Feel like I’m officially 90 years old even watching this.
Line of duty is a million miles ahead of another police or any other series. You can't lift your eyes from the tv as you may miss some vital info..

Top Bottom