What's new

What TV series you watching?

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I just finished re watching Taboo. I am waiting and waiting on the second series. I think if the main character James Delaney was on B&B we would find that he shaves with a rusty straight razor. He would not use any soap when shaving and use GFT Eucris as an aftershave. 🤨🤨🤨

B1C9B6B2-4DB5-418E-B212-7BEC5D10F3CB.jpeg

EC3FFE70-2AE7-4B7C-99C7-4545C8376AD9.jpeg

Me trying to channel James Delaney. 🤪🤪🤪

Legion

Staff member
I just finished re watching Taboo. I am waiting and waiting on the second series. I think if the main character James Delaney was on B&B we would find that he shaves with a rusty straight razor. He would not use any soap when shaving and use GFT Eucris as an aftershave. 🤨🤨🤨

View attachment 1239634

View attachment 1239638
Me trying to channel James Delaney. 🤪🤪🤪
I need to rewatch that show. I have almost no memory of it, other than I thought it was good.

I suppose that is one benefit of drinking too much. You get to experience TV shows and movies more than once....

An episode of Richard Diamond, Private Detective (syndicated as Call Mr. "D"), with David Janssen as the private eye character created by Blake Edwards and first played by Dick Powell. This was a half-hour episode from the show's second season, and did not feature the famous leggy silhouette of his answering service girl "Sam," as played by Mary Tyler Moore. Not a bad story, with Claude Akins as a recently sprung criminal who has a vendetta against Diamond, and a tricky switch in the plot.

Also the premier episode of the similar Philip Marlowe series with Philip Carey. His Marlowe doesn't seem to resemble Chandler's literary character very much. The high points of the episode, though, were young Barbara Bain playing a golddigging mistress, and character actor James Griffith as her married lover.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Romulus. Interesting as all the dialogue is in some old language and you have to read the subtitles. The language might be “Old Latin”.

Just started Beartown.

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

I'm imagining Friday Night Lights on ice but I suspect it will take a darker turn, based on the opening and closing scenes.

On PlutoTV, the second and third episodes of Frasier, that Swiss watch of sitcoms from '93 to '04. Even early on you could tell the writers had a solid understanding of the characters.

Frasier: "Dad! Dad! I can't read my paper! Eddie keeps staring at me!"

Martin Crane: "Just ignore him."

Frasier: "I'm trying to!"

Martin: "I'm talking to the dog."

Last edited:
And of course, I know I've seen the episode plenty of times since 1989, but the Season Two entry "Contagion" from Star Trek: the Next Generation. The plot features one of the relatively rare times that Picard leaves the ship, and I've realized that whenever he does, or does something a little out of the ordinary (whatever that is) for a starship captain, the result is often memorable. This episode contains a line that should be as well remembered a "Picardism" as "Make it so" or "Engage":

[Picard has materialized via the alien Iconian transport system on the bridge of the Romulan ship, which has been infected by the same computer virus as the Enterprise, and is about to self-destruct]

Sub-Commander Taris (coldly furious, to Picard): "I cannot deactivate the auto-destruct, but at least I have the satisfaction that you will die with us!"

Picard (as the Enterprise transporter whisks him away) "Not, I think, today, Commander --!"

The episode also features one of Will Riker's greatest lines:

"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise."

Last edited:

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Continuing with Better Call Saul.

This has been my favorite show of the past several years by a long shot. I'm currently savoring season 5. Had been patiently waiting for it to drop on Netflix when a friend gave us several iTunes gift cards and I realized I could use those to purchase/download it.

This has been my favorite show of the past several years by a long shot. I'm currently savoring season 5. Had been patiently waiting for it to drop on Netflix when a friend gave us several iTunes gift cards and I realized I could use those to purchase/download it.
The final few episodes of Season 5 have finally fulfilled the promise of the early seasons.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Still watching episodes of Grand Designs New Zealand. This episode was about a dude in Cust New Zealand building a pre-fab style castle out of concrete. He didn’t get it finished but it had a wonderful view.

Just started watching Season 3 of Westworld. The catch up at the start of episode one reminded me how confusing it had gotten!

Top Bottom