What's new

What TV series you watching?

Sorry to have multiple posts on one series, but just finished Deadwind, season 2, which is the latest one out. Held up and better throughout. Maybe some implausible aspects at the end, but nothing beyond the pale for this genre. Truly excellent.

We are super late to the party

I envy you getting to watch that show fresh!

Just finished
- Intelligence (Comedy with David Schwimmer is an NSA agent assigned to work alongside GCHQ in London) - Ok but nothing special
- Murder in the Bayou (Crime documentary on the Jeff Davis 8 Murders) - Interesting watch but tails off a bit
- Deadwood - Really enjoyed this and looking forward to watching the movie!
- Washington (Historically third part series on George Washington that aired on the History channel) - I quite enjoyed it, we don't get much US History taught in the UK and I enjoy historically programs/books

Just started
- Porters (UK comedy about hospital porters)
- The Witcher
- Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer
- Tin Star

Last edited:
I've been watching a series that was from NET, pre PBS. It's called Soul! They have black artists, musicians, poets, atthors etc. There is a two part interview with James Baldwin which was good but they had almost entire show devoted to Earth Wind and Fire from 72'. They hadn't really developed their songwriting yet, so the did a lot of instrumental jams. Much of it was like fission era Miles Davis. Whole show was great

Just finished
- Intelligence (Comedy with David Schwimmer is an NSA agent assigned to work alongside GCHQ in London) - Ok but nothing special
- Murder in the Bayou (Crime documentary on the Jeff Davis 8 Murders) - Interesting watch but tails off a bit
- Deadwood - Really enjoyed this and looking forward to watching the movie!
- Washington (Historically third part series on George Washington that aired on the History channel) - I quite enjoyed it, we don't get much US History taught in the UK and I enjoy historically programs/books

Just started
- Porters (UK comedy about hospital porters)
- The Witcher
- Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer
- Tin Star

Not to burst your bubble but Deadwood the movie was very disappointing

SOAP. My wife and I watched it in the late 70s when it was on tv, and came across DVDs of the first two seasons after a recent move. It's even funnier watching it during this woke era. Uh-oh, I think I hear the thought police knocking at our door.

For all the weight of disappointment over the sudden end and loss of the series that the movie had to carry, I thought the movie Deadwood was about as good as it could be. Still made me sad to see it off into the sunset.

Top Bottom