What's new

What TV series you watching?

Multiple shows on the go just now (my wife doesn't like to binge, so never two episodes back to back of the same show):

Forged in Fire (current season)
Chernobyl (1 episode to go)
Gotham (season 1)
Dexter (season 1)
Mayans MC (season 1)
Sex Education (season 2)
The Mandalorian
The Dark Side of Wrestling (season 1)
Always Sunny in Philadelphia (season 2)
Deadwood (season 3)
Living With Yourself
Stella (season 3)
Peaky Blinders (season 1)

Multiple shows on the go just now (my wife doesn't like to binge, so never two episodes back to back of the same show):

Forged in Fire (current season)
Chernobyl (1 episode to go)
Gotham (season 1)
Dexter (season 1)
Mayans MC (season 1)
Sex Education (season 2)
The Mandalorian
The Dark Side of Wrestling (season 1)
Always Sunny in Philadelphia (season 2)
Deadwood (season 3)
Living With Yourself
Stella (season 3)
Peaky Blinders (season 1)

Forgot to add What We Do In The Shadows (season 2). Too many shows to keep track of 😂

Forgot to add What We Do In The Shadows (season 2). Too many shows to keep track of 😂

Chernobyl was awesome! And certainly showed how Soviet style communism failed its people.

What We Do in the Shadows had me spitting nails at Hulu. They played some episodes out of order, and we had no idea other than being a little confused about this or that because it's a reference to something that happens later. Hulu's interface is just the pits.

But What We Do In The Shadows was great! Looking forward to season 3!

Chernobyl was awesome! And certainly showed how Soviet style communism failed its people.

What We Do in the Shadows had me spitting nails at Hulu. They played some episodes out of order, and we had no idea other than being a little confused about this or that because it's a reference to something that happens later. Hulu's interface is just the pits.

But What We Do In The Shadows was great! Looking forward to season 3!

Yes, hard to believe how they tried to handle/cover it all up!

I was a bit skeptical of What We Do in the Shadows, purely because of how much I Ioved the film and its cast but the TV show is great as well!

Yes, hard to believe how they tried to handle/cover it all up!

I was a bit skeptical of What We Do in the Shadows, purely because of how much I Ioved the film and its cast but the TV show is great as well!

Yep! I saw the movie on a flight to New Zealand, so I felt I had to watch it... (what else are you going to do for 14 hours in an airplane but what movies and binge TV series?) and I thought it was pretty brilliant. So when the series came out, I didnt watch it. Finally decided to watch the pilot, and as suspected, I didnt care for it... but a friend told me I should give it another episode or two. I am glad he did, since the episodes after the pilot were much better!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
My wife loves all those UK detective programmes, & I love my wife, so I spend a lot of time watching British detectives. Vera, Grantchester, Happy Valley, Broadchurch, Shetland... after a while they all morph into one bizarre series with a dozen subplots and I end up terribly confused. The new priest on Grantchester isn't any good. James Norton & Robson Green had terrific chemistry. Never would have picked Norton to play a priest but he really pulled it off nicely.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Presently coursing my way through (again) AMC’s, Hell On Wheels ... this time around I’ll follow up the final season by reading Stephen Ambrose’s, Nothing Like It In the World: The Men Who Built the Transcontinental Railroad 1863-69

Presently coursing my way through (again) AMC’s, Hell On Wheels ... this time around I’ll follow up the final season by reading Stephen Ambrose’s, Nothing Like It In the World: The Men Who Built the Transcontinental Railroad 1863-69

I watched almost all of it, it was a great show. Last season is pretty eh to me though.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
I watched almost all of it, it was a great show. Last season is pretty eh to me though.
I agree ... the bar was raised so high in preceding seasons, that was no other option than for the series to end on the downslope.
BTW, fine looking CP SD60 (40?) in your av’

Grit TV is showing a couple of half-hour episodes of "Tales of Wells Fargo" most every evening now. Filmed in the late 50's and early 60's, these episodes are about the trials and tribulations of running a stage line in the old days of the southwest, fraught with robberies, kidnapping, and worse. Been watching these most evenings, a nice break from the constant diet of John Wayne/Audie Murphy/Randolph Scott movies.

Ambrose's epic account of the building of the transcontinental railroad is a "must read" for those interested in railroad history and the development of our nation in the latter half of the nineteenth century. Very interesting reading.

Today's Have Gun -- Will Travel from 1962: "The Waiting Room," written by future Dirty Harry co-creator Harry Julian Fink. Paladin is bringing a multiple murderer named Wilder in for trial, and Wilder has family who will kill for him. In a train station waiting room during a rainstorm, Paladin has to determine which of the waiting customers -- an aged black man, a former saloon girl, an old Indian woman, or a cowboy -- might be an ally of Wilder's. James Griffith is a standout as the unshaven, gangling, poncho-wearing killer for pleasure. Plus this episode features a neat sleight-of-hand trick:

SPOILER:

Earlier Paladin was forced to shoot one of Wilder's brothers, and Wilder insists on having his brother embalmed and brought along in his coffin onto the train. The local undertaker delivers the casket, which sits on the floor through the second half of the episode. Fink and the director make sure you forget about it; there are no lingering shots of the thing. Then at the climax, another of Wilder's brothers, who's been in the casket all along, lifts the lid and springs up with a shotgun -- to be dispatched by Paladin. A wonderful example of making the viewer look in the wrong direction.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Just pulled good old "Magnum, P.I." with Tom Selleck (remastered Blu Ray version) out of my DVD collection.

I used to love that show, I should give it another look.

We've been watching Brave New World on PeacockTV (NBC's new streaming service). It's an original series based on Aldous Huxley's 1930's dystopian novel. A great cast, good writing, high production value, and most of all an interesting (and amazingly prophetic) storyline. We signed up for the free 7 day trial just to watch this series. We're only a few episodes in but so far, enjoying it very much. Plus, Jessica Findlay sure is easy on the eyes...

I was surprised at the risqué nature, some nudity but also quite a bit of "sexual situations". Not particularly bothersome for us but I was surprised, coming from NBC. Not sure why.

I'll most likely read the book because of this series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom