What's new

What TV series you watching?

Generation War on prime. A very interestingly trilogy from german point of view during WW2. It follows 5 young adult friends and how the war affects them.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just finished watching "Virgin River" on Netflix. One season is all they have so far.

I HATE having to wait for the next season!!

Picard - A piece of **** 💩. I watch it on the cycle trainer to count the plot holes when the lack of oxygen makes really appreciating a good series difficult.

The Witcher - another good serie for the trainer, does not need too many brain cells. Contrary to Picard, does not take itself too seriously and is very enjoyable.

The Expanse. Holy cow. This serie went from "that's good science fiction", to "that's the best sci-fi serie ever", then on to "that's good television" and is now firmly in "that's great TV". Works a lot better as TV than as books. (I'm not saying that the TV serie is better than the books)

Kingdom (the korean medieval zombie invasion). I have no clue if it's good or bad but it's very watchable.

His dark Materials. Surprisingly good, actually just very good. Very good plotting, very good acting, extremely strong world building with working "show don't tell", with something for everybody from 12 to 120, with kids or not.

Narcos: Mexico. Very, very good.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Picard - A piece of **** 💩. I watch it on the cycle trainer to count the plot holes when the lack of oxygen makes really appreciating a good series difficult.
Narcos: Mexico. Very, very good.

I'm with you on both of those. I made it through 2 episodes of Picard and gave up.

Narcos: Mexico on the other hand was very good, as is the entire Narcos series.

I made it through 2 episodes of Picard and gave up.
Those were the good ones. Yes, it does not get better.

I had not seen the last two episodes when I described Picard. Now I have. It is way beyond 💩. Some actors' performance are tolerable and maybe the direction is not terrible but I was so fascinated by all the ways the plot was utterly brain-damaging (not just brain-damaged) that I could not see anything else.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Better Call Saul season 4 on Netflix.

Also watching season 1 of A Chef's Life on PBS with my wife. PBS is a great value, you can support your local station for like $5 a month and you get access to a vast library of good stuff to stream.

Last edited:

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
On Amazon Prime, Ken Burns's documentary Jazz. Enlightening & entertaining.

Everything K Burns does it absolute gold IMHO. While I have not seen "Jazz" or "Baseball" they are on my list along with "Prohibition" My wife and I recently finished "Country Music" and loved it.

I've watched all of The Civil War, The War (the one on WWII), and Vietnam and they are all excellent.

I recently finished Dark on Netflix. The show is in German so I tried watching it with the English dub but the dub was pretty bad so I watched it in German with English subtitles. It was definitely the right move. You have to stick with it, it really picks up and becomes rewarding around the 4th or 5th episode. I love a show that makes you think and that is unpredictable. The 3rd and final season should be coming out later this year.

I caught up with the 8th season of Homeland which remains excellent.

I just finished season 3 of Ozark. Things really ramped up this season! Looking forward to next season!

I think I'm going to check out Penny Dreadful next.

Everything K Burns does it absolute gold IMHO. While I have not seen "Jazz" or "Baseball" they are on my list along with "Prohibition" My wife and I recently finished "Country Music" and loved it.

I've watched all of The Civil War, The War (the one on WWII), and Vietnam and they are all excellent.

I didn't know about the "Baseball" one, thanks. I'll be tracking it down and adding it to my list too!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm with you on both of those. I made it through 2 episodes of Picard and gave up.

Narcos: Mexico on the other hand was very good, as is the entire Narcos series.
Really sad to hear this. Picard was just about the only reason I even considered getting CBS all access.

1 episode left for S2 of Altered Carbon, and then it's back to OZARK for S3.

Still need to get back to Stanger Things S3 but I just cannot find the urge.

Also, S2 of F-1 Drive to Survive was not as enjoyable as S1.

Top Bottom