What's new

What TV series you watching?

Line of duty is a million miles ahead of another police or any other series. You can't lift your eyes from the tv as you may miss some vital info..
My brother was in the Police for 30 years, says it's the only Police drama he ever watches: apparently the only error is there is no centralised anti-corruption unit. If an accusation against say Suffolk Police were made, Somerset Police (for example) would investigate. But everything else has authenticity about it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Watching a little of “ Diagnosis Murder “ series 5. Funny I was not that interested in it when it first came out but I am getting into it as I get older.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My brother was in the Police for 30 years, says it's the only Police drama he ever watches: apparently the only error is there is no centralised anti-corruption unit. If an accusation against say Suffolk Police were made, Somerset Police (for example) would investigate. But everything else has authenticity about it.
I wonder if the level of bureaucracy is accurate. And the extent that they talk in acronyms is so over the top I think it must be satire. The officers also frequently quote law and regulations down to the sub paragraph, bracket and year of passage.

Just watched the penultimate episode of Dead Like Me, entitled "Always." We get some strong hints of Rube's history as a living man; he had a wife and a child, and we're allowed to infer that he was a robber or other criminal then (around 1927). Some other surprises crop up as well. I'll miss this series, and will have to check out the video send-off, Dead Like Me: Life After Death. If it's on Tubi, that is; I think it is.

I'm trying to like it. On the second season now. It's just a bit......cheesy or something. A bit made for tv-ish.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Currently watching “The Pacific, In the wake of Captain Cook” with Sam Neill. Very interesting.

My wife started watching The Wilds on Prime. I had no interest but got sucked in.

It is basically Lost/Lord of the Flies with a bunch of College girls. I thought it sounded cheesy as well, but it is actually very well done.

Just starting DCI Banks. S1E1

1619900908748.png

I just finished watching the entire 8 seasons of "Homeland", streaming on Hulu. If nothing else, the pandemic has had some benefit for me. I thought it was really well-written, well-acted, and certainly kept me coming back for the next episode. There were a few flat spots, but given there were 96 episodes, I thought that was reasonable!

Top Bottom